Purvanchal University, Jaunpur renamed as Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University in the honour of late Shri Veer Bahadur Singh, former Chief Minister of the state, was established on 2nd October 1987 as an affiliating university under U.P. state university act 1973. Continuous qualitative and quantitative growth, excellence in academic and administrative activities, transparent and efficient academic administration have been some of the distinct characteristics on the basis of which the university emerged as one among the leading universities. Started with the 68 affiliated colleges, the university now has widened it’s spectrum of activities with 367 affiliated graduate and post-graduate colleges and students enrollment of nearly three lacs and eighty thousand in 5 Districts of Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- Hindi, English, Social Science, Political Science, Ancient History, Psychology, Military Science, History, Economics, Pedagogy, Sanskrit, Philosophy, Urdu, B.Ed., Commerce, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Physics, Behavioural Science, Behavioural Economics, HRD, Business Management, Financial Studies, Harvest Science, Genetics, Mutant Disease Science, Insect Science, Agriculture, Home Science, Method, Geography, Computer Applications, Physical Education, Mass Communication & Journalism, Agriculture Circulation, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Music, Environmental Science
- Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the main subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto)/allied subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto) OR its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, calculations of marks as per CBCS pattern).
- In case of candidate possessing Degree equivalent to Master’s Degree from a Foreign University, degree equivalence certificated issued by AIU is mandatory.
- A relaxation of 5% marks i.e. from 55% to 50% marks in the aforesaid Degrees is allowed for those candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC (Block A & B) non-creamy layer)/ Differently Abled.
Note- Candidates who have worked for at least 15 years in Army/ Navy/ Airforce are eligible for Ph.D. in Defence or Strategic Studies.
How to Apply
Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University accepts online Application forms for the Ph.D. courses. Follow the below-mentioned steps
- Visit the official website of the university and click on the link given for the Online Application form.
- Download the application form and pay the application fee of INR 1000 (INR 500 for reserved categories).
Send the duly filled application form to the university along with desired documents and Statement of Purpose (SOP).
- 10th & 12th Certificate
- Degree and Marksheets of Graduation
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination (M.A./M.Com/M.Sc./M.Pharmacy etc)
- Certificate of NET/JRF/SLET, if any
- Latest Character Certificate
- Certificate of Reserved Category
- Income certificate, if required
- Residence Certificate, if applicable
- Certificate of gap year, if any
- Migration Certificate (within 15 days of admission)
- Address Proof (Aadhar Card)
- Admission is done on the basis of PUCRET conducted by the university. Shortlisted candidates have to appear in an interview round. Candidates who have qualified UGC, CSIR, JRF, NET, GATE, or SLET or equivalent examination are exempted from entrance examination but have to appear for an interview.
Entrance Test Format
The entrance test is MCQ based with two papers.
- First Paper: Consists of 100 questions based on General Awareness and Academic Aptitude for the duration of two hours.
- Second Paper: Consists of 100 questions based on Research Aptitude for the duration of two hours.