M.Sc. is one of the best courses opted by students in the science field. It is a postgraduate degree which is higher than a bachelorâ€™s degree and lower than a doctoral degree. M.Sc. stands for Master of Science. M.Sc. course generally related to science field. The duration of the program is two years and subdivided into four semesters. This course can also be pursued through correspondence or distance mode of education.
Eligibility for M.Sc. Admission In India
- One should have a Bachelor Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade from any recognized university or college.
- There will a relaxation of 5% of marks for all reserved category candidates.
- There is no age limit for M.Sc. Admission except for some specializations such as Nursing, Agriculture, and Horticulture.
M.Sc. Course Duration
The duration of M.Sc. (Master of Science) is mostly of two academic years but it may vary from institute to institute and may be provided on the part-time basis by certain institutes.
- Chemical Technology
- Consciousness Studies
- Engineering Management
- Corporate Communication
- Telecommunications & Software Engineering
M.Sc. Admission Process
Admission to the Master of Science course is done on the basis of candidate's performance in the entrance test conducted by the university. In India, some govt. and private universities provide admission without any entrance exams i.e. on the basis of academic performance and Personal Interview. The admission process is done in the Month of May and June. The result of the entrance test is declared after 2 weeks of the test and the students can check their result through online mode on university official website.
Entrance Exams for M.Sc. (Master of Science)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS 2018) exam
- Indian Institute of Technology â€“ Joint Admission Test (IIT JAM 2018)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University Entrance Exam (IGNOU 2018)
- University of Pune Entrance Exam
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Entrance Exam (IPU CET 2018)
- Indian School of Mines Entrance Exam
M.Sc. Career Prospects and Jobs Scope
After completing M.Sc., aspirants can move into various jobs according to their studied field. M.Sc. course has a great scope & there are various opportunities available for the M.Sc graduates. An M.Sc degree holder can work in both government & private sectors. Graduates can work in various fields like education, defense, public sector, automotive and aerospace industries, healthcare, materials, technology, computing, energy and information technology. Some private and self-financed colleges and universities appoint M.Sc. degree holders as a professor or lecturer. After completion of M.Sc., Students can also go for the further higher studies such as research programmes or Ph.D. courses. A list of the job area where you can work after post graduation in science are:
- Government Sector
- Private Sector
- Research Assistant
- Lab Technician
- Field Officer
- Researcher and accountant
Salary & PayScale for M.Sc. Degree Holders
An M.Sc degree holder can earn an average salary of Rs.25k to Rs.35k per month. Salaries will also depend upon the working field, size of company, sector, location, qualification and many others. Good experience in this field can help the student to get a handsome salary package.