Veer Kunwar Singh University was established in 1992 and has been approved and recognized by UGC, AICTE, and NCTE respectively. It is also accredited by NAAC. VKSU University is a State University and it offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral level courses in the disciplines of arts, science, commerce, and humanities.
- Management, Mathematics, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Science, Humanities, Commerce, and Social Science
- Candidates for admission to the Ph. D. Programme shall have a Masters degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate, or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed)
- A relaxation of 5% marks, i.e. from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade will be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/EBC/OBC/Differently Able Categories.
- A Candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to pursue research in the subject in which he/ she holds Master's degree.
The application form for PhD Programme offered by Veer Kunwar Singh University can be filled online by following the given steps:
- Visit the official website of VKSU and click on ‘Apply Online’ link.
- Select the mode of payment by ‘System generated Challan’.
- Fill the application form and click on ‘Submit’.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 2000/- for General/OBC candidates and Rs. 1500 for SC/ST candidate through challan to any Central Bank of India branch.
- Upload Photograph and Signature in the prescribed format.
- Save the registration number and duly filled the application form for future reference.
PhD Entrance Test Fee:-
- General/BC - Rs. 2000/-
- EBC/EWS/SC/ST/Disabled/Women - Rs. 1500/-
- Candidates Exempted from PAT - Rs. 1000/-
Mode of Payment of Test Fee
- Online Payment (Non-refundable) will be acceptable only through payment Gateway displayed on the university website during the process of filling up the Application Form.
NOTE- Candidates exempted from PAT 2020 are required to apply online with requisite fee.
- Students have to qualify in Pre-Ph.D. Registration Test to secure admission in the Ph.D. program. The final list of selected candidates will be updated on university official website.
Exemption/(s) from the Written Test (PAT)
- The candidates who have secured grants for research such as fellowships/scholarships/associate ships etc. by qualifying UGC-NET/CSIR-NET/GATE/MHRD scholarship/ Teacher fellowship/DBT /ICAR/ DST -INSPIRE/ CSIR, ICHR etc. shall be exempted from the written test.
- Assistant Professors/Associate Professors and Professors who have been appointed on substantive post in the UGC pay scale in the teaching departments of the University or a constituent college of the University, and who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least two years of uninterrupted service shall be considered under this category as well. However, teachers appointed in the self-financed courses will not be exempted from the test.
- Non-teaching employees of the University who are holding substantive appointment for more than five years of experience having at least 55% marks in Master’s degree in the subject concerned, and with at least two research papers published in any reputed refereed journal or journals enlisted in the UGC-CARE list shall be considered under this category.
Ph. D. Admission Test [PAT]
Paper I - (100 marks) Objective/multiple choice questions on qualitative and research aptitude
- There will be 50 questions of 02 marks each.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Duration of examination for Paper -I will be 01 hour.
Paper-II Subjective/Descriptive/Essay type Questions will be asked in this paper.
- Duration of Examination for this paper will be of 2 hours.
The minimum qualifying marks for written test will be as following:
- For General candidates - 50% aggregate marks
- For Reserved category candidates: 45% aggregate marks