Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwavidyalaya is an agricultural university in Pundibari about 11 km North-West of Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India. It has faculties of Agricultural Engineering, Agriculture and Horticulture.The northern part of West Bengal is endowed with diverse natural resources like rivers, forest, economic plant resources, agro-ecosystem, biodiversity, etc., with extremely responsive rural communities. It comprises old alluvial, terai and hill zones distributed in eight northern districts of West Bengal (Alipurduar, Cooch Behar, Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Kalimpong, Malda, Dakshin Dinajpur and Uttar Dinajpur). It offers admission to various UG, PG and Research programs in different disciplines of Agriculture, Horticulture and Forestry.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or horticulture with minimum 7.00 OGPA (6.5 OGPA for SC/ST candidates) from a recognized Institute
- The minimum duration of the Ph.D. degree program is 3 years and the maximum duration is 6 years.
- The candidates can download the application form of Ph.D. from the official website of UBKV. The forms will be not available at the university counter. The application fee of INR 300 (INR 75 for SC/St candidates) can be paid via Credit Card/Debit Card or Net Banking. Candidates have to submit duly filled in application form along with all required documents to the below-mentioned address on or before the last date.
Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya (UBKV)
P.O. – Pundibari, Dist. – Cooch Behar
State – West Bengal, Pin – 736165
Note- Mention “Application form for admission to Ph.D. program under in service/Project fellow category” on the application form envelope.
Documents to be attached
- Matriculation Certificate
- 10+2 Certificate
- Bachelor's Degree/Master's degree and transcript/DMC showing marks/OGPA.
- Character Certificate from the institute last attended
- Relevant Certificates if benefit of reserved category is being claimed: (i) SC Certificate (ii) BC Certificate (iii) Economically Weaker Section (iv) Persons with Disability Certificate (v) Ex-Serviceman Certificate
- Other certificates: (i) In-service candidate Certificate (ii) No Objection Certificate (iii) Land Donation Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Two recent passport size coloured photograph
- Admission will be based on an Entrance Test and test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. An interview/viva-voce to be organized by the University as the candidates is required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee.