Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University was established on 12th July, 1960 by the Bihar State University Act,1960. The name of the University was changed from Bhagalpur University to Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University in 1991. The University is named after famous freedom fighter of India "Tilka Manjhi". TMBU University offers a wide variety of courses in different fields of Science, Commerce, Arts, Law, Management, and several others.
- English, Angika, Bengali, Hindi, Maithili, Music, Persian, Sanskrit, Urdu, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Zoology, Botany, Physics, Food Science And Nutrition, Statistics and Computer Application, and Law.
- Candidates should have completed post graduation in relevant field with minimum 55% marks or its equivalent grade from a recognized university or institute.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks will be given to reserved category candidates.
- A person whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the same Institution.
- The minimum duration for Ph.D. programme is three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
- Extension beyond the above limits is subjected to the approval of the competent authority of Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University.
- The Women Candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) is allowed for a relaxation of two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates are eligible for Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of Ph.D. for upto 240 days.
How to Apply?
Candidates seeking admission to the PhD Programme can apply online through the Online Admissions Portal. The following steps are to be followed by Applicants:
- Visit the Official Website of Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University
- Access the Admissions Portal on the website
- Fill in the relevant Application Form with the required academic details and personal information
- Applicants are then pay the required Application Fee.
- Save fee receipt for future reference.
Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the entrance test conducted by the university and followed by personal interview. Priority will be given for selection of candidates who qualified UGC-NET(including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher fellowship holder or M.Phil Degree.