Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University, named in honour and memory of Sri Konda Laxman Bapuji, veteran freedom fighter and telangana protagonist, is the only horticultural university in the state and fourth in the Country. Horticulture is the growth engine of Telangana State and is the chief source of income to the economy of the state. It contributes approx 5.16% GSDP of the State. In India, Telangana State stands 3rd in area and 8th in production of fruits and vegetables. In view of the horticultural importance in the state, as emphasized in the 13th schedule of Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act 2014 (Act No. 6 of 2014), the Government of Telangana through G.O. Ms. No. 31 & 32, dt: 22-12-2014, Agriculture and Cooperation (H & S) Department, by adapting with few modifications, the Dr. Y.S.R. Horticultural University Act – 2007 (Act No. 30 of 2007), established Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University (SKLTSHU) with head quarters at Rajendranagar, Hyderabad – 500 030.
- Ph.D. (Hort.) with specialization in Fruit Science (2), Vegetable Science (2), Floriculture & Landscape Architecture(1) , Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops (1) Seats with a total of 6 seats .
- Candidates seeking admission into PhD course in Horticulture must have passed the relevant Masters Degree with a minimum 6.50 /10.00 OGPA with Specialization in Fruit Science, Vegetable Science, Floriculture & Landscape Architecture and Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops are eligible from ICAR recognized University.
NOTE- The applicants who appeared for ICAR AIEEA (PG), ICAR AICE –JRF/SRF (PGS) (ICAR entrance examination) are only eligible for admission into M.Sc and Ph.D Programmes.
- The Application filled-in correctly and complete in all respects including payment of fee should be sent through by Speed post/Post only so as to reach The Registrar, Administrative office, SKLTSHU, Mulugu, Siddipet Dist. 502 279 on or before the last date at 4.00 PM. Applications received after the due date will not be considered. If any of the required certificates are not enclosed, the application liable to be rejected summarily. The candidates who fail to submit provisional /degree certificate of qualifying examination will not be allowed for the counseling.
- Online downloaded application duly filled in should accompany Demand Draft from SBI /UNION BANK OF INDIA for Rs.1500/- for General/ OBC and Rs.750/- for SC, ST & PH categories (M.Sc./Ph.D. courses) for each course and drawn in favour of Comptroller, Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University, payable at Hyderabad. (Postal orders / Money orders will not be accepted)
Following documents shall be enclosed to the application. (Documents enclosed to the application will not be returned. Hence candidates are advised to enclose only copies of the certificates):
- e- Admit card of AIEEA (PG)- and AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)
- ICAR Entrance Marks /Ranks issued to qualified candidates
- Memoranda of marks (all years) obtained at the qualifying (B.Sc. level / M.Sc level) examination or consolidated transcript of marks.
- Provisional /degree certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Date of birth certificate/ S.S.C Certificate
- Certificate towards physically disabled, if any
- Residential (Latest certificate issued by the Telangana Government) Certificate.
- Aadhaar card or 28 digit Aadhaar enrolment ID proof
- Conduct certificate from the Head of the institute last studied.
- Selection shall be based on the previous academic record at Under graduate level, Postgraduate level and performance in entrance test conducted by ICAR through AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) and the weightage should be in the ratio of 20:20:60 (20% B.Sc marks, 20% M.Sc marks and 60% entrance marks) The candidates appeared for ICAR entrance test for the subject may not be permitted to change to any other subject. The identified subject may be considered for admission only. Based on the overall merit rank the candidate is allowed to take admission in a specific degree/ discipline at SKLTSHU as per the choice of the candidate and the availability of the seat at that merit rank through a process of offline counseling.