Sikkim State University was established in 2003 and ammendment in 2017. The University has 10 affiliated colleges in Sikkim. It has six schools namely School of Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Languages and Literature, Human Sciences, Professional Studies and 32 departments. The institute was established with the aim of providing higher education in various fields such as Arts, Science, Commerce, Communication and Literature. The institute has been providing quality education in the form or UG, PG and doctoral courses. Sikkim State University Gangtok, Sikkim is recognized by UGC, approved by AICTE, approved by Pharmacy Council, Medical Council of India, approved by ICAR, approved Indian Nursing Council, approved DCI and also approved by Bar Council.
- Women Studies, Defense Studies, Economics, Gandhian Studies, Geography, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Chinese/Tibetan, English, Education, French, Hindi, Punjabi, Russian, Urdu/Persian, Anthropology, Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Physics, Bio-Technology, Chemistry, Computer Science & Applications, Computer Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Environmental Studies, Geology, Microbiology, Physics, Statistics, Zoology, History of Arts, Indian Theater, Music
- Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the main subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto)/allied subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto) OR its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, calculations of marks as per CBCS pattern).
- A relaxation of 5% marks is allowed for those candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC(Block A & B)non-creamy layer)/ Differently Abled.
- Candidates possessing Degree equivalent to Master’s Degree/M.Phil. Degree of Sikkim University from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Course.
- Eligible candidates can obtain the application form from university campus or same can be downloaded from university official website. Candidates have to submit dully filled in application form along with all required documents to the concerned office within stipulated date and time.
- Incomplete Application Form shall not be considered.
- Application Form is to be filled up by the applicant. No Column of Application Form should be left blank.
The candidate is required to submit uploaded Application Form along with fee and attested photocopies of the following certificates/testimonials to the concerned Chairperson/Director of the Department/Institute.
- Matriculation Certificate for verification of the date of birth
- Details Mark Card of 10+2
- DMC of Graduation
- DMC of Post Graduation
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- No Objection Certificate
- Certificate of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Backward Class
- Migration Certificate
- Admission is offered on the basis of written test and Viva-Voce followed by presentation of research work. JRF/ NET/ SLET/ GSLET/ GATE score holders or M.Phil degree holders will be exempted from the Ph.D. entrance test.