Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Cluster University, Mandi is a State Government University established in the year 2018 by an Act of H.P. State Legislature. The University has its office located in Vallabh Government College Mandi. The University consists of four constituent colleges. Vallabh Government College Mandi is the lead colleges of the University and Government College Bassa, Government College Narla and Maharaja Laxman Sen Memorial College Sundernagar are the constituent colleges.
- Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, History, and Management.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to PhD Programme
- A Master’s degree holder who has secured at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions shall be eligible to apply for admission to the Ph. D. programme in this University.
- Applicants who hold a Postgraduate Degree/Postgraduate Diploma from an approved University/Institutions or a Course recognized by the UGC/AICTE/DEC and MHRD, Government of India and those with a Postgraduate Degree or Postgraduate Diploma or a Professional degree/course like CA/CS/ICWA are considered to be equivalent to an approved master degree programme in concerned subject. However he/she has to appear in the Ph. D. entrance test in the discipline concerned.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) /Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the rules of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- A candidate of Sardar Patel University whose M. Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be permitted to apply to the Ph. D. programme. He/she must submit final notification of M.Phil. degree at the time of counselling.
- Prospectus & Application Form can be downloaded from the University website www.svpcumandi.ac.in. The hard copy of Application Form alongwith relevant documents has to be submitted to: Co-ordinator, Admission, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Cluster University, Mandi (Camp office Vallabh Government College Mandi) H.P. 175001 by post/by hand.
- Application fee of Rs.500/- for General & Rs.300/- for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/BPL candidates of H.P. in the form of demand draft in favour of Finance Officer, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Cluster University, Mandi- 175001 payable at Mandi/online in University A/c No.39358062643, IFSC Code- SBIN0010326, SBI Mandi.
- In case of delay in declaration of Graduation Examination Results the last date for submission of application forms may be extended which will be notified on the University Website.
The admission shall be based on the criteria notified by the University, keeping in view the guidelines/norms in this regard issued by the UGC and other statutory bodies concerned, and taking into account the reservation policy of the Central/State Government from time to time. Applicants who have qualified UGC-NET / NET-JRF / UGC-CSIR NET /GSET /GATE /INSPIRE fellowship/ Teacher fellowship/ have passed M. Phil. (who has admitted through University entrance test) in the respective faculty as per the UGC Rules and Regulations in force shall be exempted from the Ph. D. Entrance Test.
Entrance Test Format
The Entrance Test shall be of 100 marks and 3 hours duration. The format of the Entrance Test Paper shall be as follows:
- Section-I (40 marks: 40 objective type multiple choice questions related to the subject of one mark each).
- Section-II (10 marks: 10 objective type questions covering general knowledge in the subject and components of research methodology of one mark each).
- Section-III (30 marks; six out of ten questions of five marks each which may include sub-questions also).
- Section-IV (20 marks; two out of six questions of ten marks each which may include sub-questions also). The question paper-cum-answer book shall contain questions with adequate space provided under each of the test items for candidates to write answers to the questions.