Ranchi University was established on july12, 1960, with ten post graduate departments, one constituent college (Ranchi College, Ranchi), and 20 affiliated college spread over an area of 65,000 square kilometer. Being located in predominantly tribal area, the University has successfully lived upto the expectations and aspirations of the people in its fifty years of existence. And it continues to do so despite being subjected to trifurcation: first in 1992 when Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribagh was carved out; second, inJanuary 2009 when Nilambar Pitamber University, Medninagar, was created; and;third,in August 2009 when Kolhan University, Chaibasa, was created. Today its territorial jurisdiction covers five districts only.
At present the University has 23 post graduate departments, 15 constituent colleges, and 49 affiliated colleges, imparting teaching in medicine, psychiatry, law, engineering, business management, education, and general courses. Besides these institutions there is UGC sponsored Academic Staff College.
Clinical Psychology & Psychiatric Social Work, Commerce, Bengali, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Tribal and Regional Languages, Urdu, Philosophy, Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Geography, Psychology, Botany, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Geology
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall have a Master's Degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master's Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC-7 point scale.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories of candidates.
The candidates wanting to apply to the PhD courses available at the university, can do so by filling the application form and submitting it in the offline mode. The process of filling the application form is given in the following steps. Follow them and make the registration.
- Click on the official website of Ranchi University or Jharkhand University and download the application form sample.
- Fill the application form with the relevant details.
- Attach the self-attested photocopies of the final year mark sheet (P.G. Course/ M.Phil. as applicable) as well as the other relevant documents.
- Now, pay the registration fee in the form of demand draft (DD) of INR 1200 ( INR 600 for ST/SC Candidates of Jharkhand) drawn in favor of Registrar, Ranchi University, Ranchi payable at Ranchi which should be enclosed along with the application form.
- Now submit the application form, DD, and the related documents in the office of Controller of Examinations, RU, Ranchi.
- Ranchi University shall admit Ph.D. students through an Entrance Test Conducted by it. The University may decide separate terms & conditions for Ph.D. Entrance Test for those students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR, NET, SLET, GATE and have passed M.Phil. programme.