Rajasthan University Jaipur is a State University established in the year 1947 in the name of the University of Rajputana. The University is located in Jaipur, Rajasthan and is approved by the University Grants Commission of India (UGC). It offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Certificate, and Doctoral Programs through its Constituent and Affiliated Colleges. It is accredited by NAAC with grade “A” and CGPA score of 3.2.
- Architecture, Atmospheric Science, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, Culture and Media Studies, Economics, Education, English, Environmental Science, Hindi, Management, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Pharmacy, Public Policy, Law and Governance, Social Work, and Statistics.
- A consistently good academic record possessing a Master's Degree in Concerned Subject with minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade from a recognized University at both undergraduate and postgraduate level; 5% relaxation in minimum requirement of marks is granted to SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS candidates.
The application procedure for admission to M.Phil and Ph.D. courses is both online and offline. Steps to Apply Online:
- Candidates who are interested in any of the courses are required to fill an application form which is available on the university’s website and make the fee payment through Net banking/ Debit card/Credit card.
Steps to Apply Offline:
- Candidates can also purchase Information Brochure cum Application Form from the university’s campus. Candidates can also download the application form from the university and send the duly filled form by post.
Admission to M.Phil courses is done on the basis of marks scored in UNIRAJ MPAT, conducted by the university. For Ph.D programmes, admission is done in two phases, Phase I and Phase II. Phase I is for the candidates who will be exempted from UNIRAJ MPAT and Phase II is for the candidates who will be selected through UNIRAJ MPAT in case of remaining seats in the respective subject after the completion of Phase I. The following categories of candidates are exempted from the entrance test for registration to Ph.D. Degree:
Candidates who qualify UGC-NET/JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF, SLET, GATE and research fellowships of central and state Government departments/ agencies as approved by the University, as the case may be
- Full time regular teachers of the University departments/Govt. or Aided Colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut and teachers with FDP/QIP or similar fellowships
- Foreign nationals who are otherwise eligible for admission.
- M.Phil. Degree (successfully completed from any Statutory Recognized University in the relevant subject) holders. It is also advised to produce the following documents at the time admission:
List of documents
- All original certificates with one set self-attested photo copies from SSLC onwards
- Passport size photos (4 nos.)
- Age proof
- Address proof
- No objection Certificates from the parent institute (applicable for part time Ph.D. candidates)