Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University was formally inaugurated on March 20, 1965 by Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri, the then Hon'ble Prime Minister of India. Another Significant milestone was the inauguration of the University's building programme by Smt Indira Gandhi the then Hon’blePrime Minister of India on June 23. 1966.Subsequently, the University was renamed as Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU) on November 7, 1996 in honour and memory of an outstanding Parliamentarian, Acharya N.G. Ranga who rendered remarkableself less service for the cause of the farmers and is regarded as an outstanding educationist, Kissan leader and freedom fighter.
- Genetics & Plant Breeding, Seed Science & Technology, Plat Pathology, Entomology, Crop Physiology, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Agronomy, Soil Science, Agricultural Economics, Agrcultural Extension, Farm machinery & Power Engineering, Soil and water Engineering, Foods and Nutrition, Human Development and Family Studies, Family Resource Management, Home Science Extension & Communication Mgmt
- Master's degree, or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks or with Aggregate CGPA of 6.5 on a scale of 10 (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- Candidates are required to visit the website and fill the OTR (onetime registration) application.
- The applicant should furnish all the details while filling the Online Application Form. While filling the online application form, the applicant is advised to save the application in draft form until final submission.
- Upon successful submission, an application number will be generated which can also be used for future correspondence.
- The scanned passport size (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) photograph of the applicant should be in JPEG format of and not exceed 1 MB file size.
- The applicant’s signature should be scanned in JPEG format of [3.5 cm x1.5 cm] and not exceed 1 MB file size.
- The documents to be uploaded should be scanned in png/jpg/jpeg only. The size of the scanned documents to be uploaded should not exceed 1MB.
- For OC/BC applicants, the fee is INR 1600 and for SC/ST candidates, the fee is INR 850.
- Fee can be submitted through Debit Card /Credit Card (Visa / Master Card)/NET banking/ Wallet.
- Upon successful submission and payment, the applicant will be able to print the application form. The applicant should enable “background graphics” in print option before taking a print of the uploaded application form.
- The computer generated hard copy of the completed application, in all respects, including certificates/payment of fee should be sent through by Speed Post only to the following address:
The Registrar, Administrative Office,
Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University,
Rajendranagar, Hyderabad – 500 030.
Copies of the following documents shall be enclosed along with the application:
- e-Admit Card/Application No. and ICAR –Entrance Marks / Rank
- Memoranda of marks (all years) obtained at the qualifying (B.Sc. level) examination or transcript.
- Provisional/degree certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Study certificates from Heads of recognised educational institutions from VI class onwards. (Those who appeared for any examination by private study should enclose residence certificate.)
- Social Status Certificates issued by the competent authority, in case of candidates belonging to BC / SC/ STs. The admission given under this quota shall be provisional till the genuineness of the social status claim of the candidate is certified by the respective Directorate of the Government.
- Certificate regarding achievements at B.Sc. level in NCC / NSS / Sports / Games / Cultural / Literary activities at Inter National / Inter State / Inter University level, if applicable.
- Date of birth certificate
- Certificate towards physically disabled, if any
- Residential (Latest certificate issued by the Telangana Government), Certificate.
- Aadhaar Card or 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID proof or Passport or Ration card or Bank Passbook or any other valid Govt. Identity proof
- Conduct certificate for the head of the institute from the last attended.
- Applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria and are shortlisted will be required to appear for the written test conducted by the University, followed by the personal interview round. During the personal interview, the applicant will be assessed on his interest and motivation in doing research, conceptual clarity on a chosen area of research and his past academic and research performances.