Nirwan University was established by the Government of Rajasthan in 2017 under Act no. 2 of 2017. It is recognized by UGC under section 2(f) of the UGC Act 1956. Nirwan University offers a wide range of UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate, and Research courses in different fields of Engineering & Technology, Management, Commerce, Humanities, Science, Agriculture, Yoga, Library Science, and Vocational Study.
Nirwan University Jaipur offers Ph.D. in the following Major Research Areas
Management Studies, Engineering & Technology, Commerce, Basic & Applied Sciences, Computer Science Application, Information Technology, Library & Information Science', Arts, Social Science, Education, Hospital Management, Journalism, Mass Media Communication, Language, Fine and Performing Arts, Vocational Studies, Fashion Technology, Yoga, International Business, Home Science, and Several Others.
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates who have cleared the M. Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M. Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme.
- A person whose M. Phil dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the same Institution.
- Candidates possessing a degree considered equivalent to M. Phil. Degree of an Indian institution, from A foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is Approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home Country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or Assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph. D Programme.
Duration of the PhD Programme
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
- Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
- The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of one year for M. Phil and two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of M.Phil / Ph.D. for up to 240 days.
Candidates seeking admission at Nirwan University through offline mode.
- Visit to admission cell located at Nirwan University.
- Fill the application form and Attach all required documents.
- Submit the dully filled in application form and all documents.
- Deposit the fee through available mode.
- Click on the below-mentioned Url. (https://bit.ly/31TY96c)
- Fill all the required details.
- Upload a latest passport size photo & ID Proof.
- Submit the form and pay application fee through online mode.
PhD Fee Structure
- Registration Fee- Rs. 10000/-
- Academic Fee- Rs. 85000/-
- Total PhD Fee- Rs. 2,65,000/-
Note: Additional tuition fee Rs. 60,000/- per year for subsequent year will be applicable if candidate take more than 3 years.
Admission will be based on an Entrance Test and test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. An interview/viva-voce to be organized by the University as the candidates is required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee.
- Last date of Application: 07 March 2021
- Date of Entrance Test: 14 March 2021
- Duration: 2 Hrs (11 AM - 01 PM)