Netaji Subhas University of Technology was formerly known as Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology. It was was established in 1983. NSUT offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate courses in different subjects of Management, Engineering, Humanities & Social Science etc.
The University offers Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree programmes in following fields:
- Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Manufacturing Process and Automation Engineering, Information Technology, Bio-Technology, Management Studies, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- M.Tech in the concerned subject with 60% marks or its equivalent grade from a recognized University or Institute.
For Humanities and Social Sciences
- Master’s degree in the relevant subject with 60% marks or its equivalent grade from a recognized University or Institute.
- MBA with at least 70% in the relevant field from a recognized University or Institute.
How to apply?
Candidates have to register themselves for entrance test through online mode on university official website. Follow below-mentioned steps to apply Online-
- Visit the official website of NSUT.
- Find the "Admissions", and then to PhD Admissions.
- Generate your new application number and password.
- Users can find the application number and password from their registered email and mobile phone number.
- Login for already registered candidates form.
- Fill out the registration form in the basic info tab.
- Upload photo, signature and thumb impression in upload photo tab.
- Ensure and confirm the details in the Preview tab.
- Pay an application fee of 1,000 INR.
- Print the application form after making the payment
- For selection though, the candidate has to clear either CSIR NET or UGC NET-LS, or GATE followed by an interview.