Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication (MCNUJC) was established 29 years ago. Carrying forward the legacy of excellence, it is a leader and pioneer in Mass Communication, Media, Journalism, Computer Applications, Digital media, and Management Education. Established in 1990 by the Madhya Pradesh Government, MCNUJC is named after Pt. Makhanlal Chaturvedi, the great editor, poet, litterateur and freedom fighter. It is the first academic centre of excellence in the entire Asian sub-continent where professionals are developed in Communication, Media, and IT disciplines through traditional and modern methods of communication relevant to the current media needs. The University is also recognised under section 12(B) of UGC.
- Mass Communication, Journalism, Advertising. Public Relations, Management, Library Science, Computer Science, Computer Applications
- A candidate for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy of the University should hold Master's Degree in the relevant discipline related to Mass Communication, Journalism, Advertising. Public Relations, Management, Library Science, Computer Science, Computer Applications with at least 55 percent marks or an equivalent grade (50 percent or equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to Sc or ST category) from a UGC recognized University.
Note- Madhya Pradesh State government rules for reservation shall be applicable.
Advertisement for the receipt of applications for the Entrance Test for Ph. D. will be issued in newspaper(s) and a notification on the University Website. Scholars desirous of registering for PhD in the university shall submit their applications as per the instructions on the Website.
The applications received in the prescribed form shall be considered for admission test of Ph. D Degree, which will be available from the office of Registrar, MCRPSV/ website www.mcu.ac.in
PhD Fee Structure
- The application Form fee – Rs. 500/ for General category and Rs.300/ for SC/ST
- Enrollment fee for course work – Rs. 1,000/-
- Registration fee for Ph.D. = Rs. 10,000/-
- Tuition Fee for course work – Rs. 15,000/- for six months or part thereof
- Course work examination fee – Rs. 300/-
- Tuition fee (from the date of enrollment)– Rs. 25,000/- (Annual) to be deposited with Progress report
- Library caution money – Rs. 2,500/- (Refundable)
- Thesis Submission fee – Rs. 10,000/-
- Examination fee- Rs. 20,000/-
- Viva-voce fee- Rs. 5,000/-
The University shall admit students for Ph.D. course work through an Entrance Test and personal interview depending upon the vacancies in the respective departments. The University shall admit candidates by following two stage process written test and interview with separate qualifying marks as 55% each. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ ST /OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-abled and other categories of candidates belonging to Madhya Pradesh. For those students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ SLET/ GATE/ teacher fellowship or have passed M.Phil. program in the specific discipline, shall be exempted from the written entrance examination. However they shall have to apply well within the last dates with testimonials. They shall have to appear in the interview like all other candidates, to be qualified by minimum 50% marks.