Kushabhau Thakre University of Journalism and Mass Communication (KTUJM) is a journalism and mass communication university located in Raipur, Chhattisgarh. The University established by Government of Chhattisgarh vide Act no 24 of 2004. Former Prime Minister a visionary statesman and a dedicated journalist Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee inaugurated the University on April 16, 2005 at Raipur amidst the greasing[clarification needed] of eminent journalist, educationalist, literature, social workers and senior politicians. Previously the university is named after Late Sri Kushabhau Thakre who was a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh Acticist, the University foundation day is celebrated on 16 April every year, in 2020 new firmed Govt. in Chhattisgarh decided to change its name as Chandulal Chandrakar Patrakarita Avam Jansanchar Vishwavidyalaya, this could be a regime of Chhatiisgarhness by the Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel.
- Mass Communication
- Candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at-least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7- point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, or Departments.
- A relaxation of 5% marks, (from 55% to 50%), or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer /Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
Candidates applying for Ph.D. programs can obtain the application form from the university admission office. Self-attested copies of all relevant documents must be enclosed along with the application form for submission. Candidates must attend the counselling or personal interview session on the assigned date for his/her candidature to be valid.
NOTE- Application form is to be filled up by the applicant. No Column of Application Form shall be left blank. Incomplete Application Form shall not be considered. The candidate is required to submit Application Form and the attested photocopies of the following certificates to the concerned Director / Chairperson /In-charge.
- Details Mark Card of Matriculation (for verification of the date of birth)
- Details Mark Card of 10+2
- DMC of Graduation (All Semesters)
- DMC of Post-Graduation in duplicate (All Semesters)
- Certificate to qualify UGC/CSIR JRF with fellowship/GPAT in duplicate or any other
- No Objection–cum-Service Certificate from the employer (In case the candidate is employed)
- Certificate of Scheduled Caste /Scheduled Tribe /Backward Class /Economically Weaker Section /Social Backward Class /PwD /Others, if any
- Domicile Certificate, if applicable
- Kushabhau Thakre University of Journalism and Mass Communication shall admit the candidates through Research Aptitude Test (RAT). Each candidate shall be required to take the Research Aptitude Test (RAT). The RAT shall consist of 50% questions on Research Methodology and 50% questions subject specific (as per UGC/CSIR NET or otherwise notified on University website). Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/GPAT/Teacher fellowship or any other equivalent national level fellowship holder are exempted from the University RAT.