The ‘Uttar Pradesh Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University’ was established on 1st October, 2009 under U.P State Universities (Amendment) Act. It was renamed ‘Shri Kanshiramji Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University on 4th April. 2011. In 2012, the university was re-christened ‘Khwaja Moinuddin Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University, under U.P. State Universities (Amendment), Act 2012 (Notification No.597/79-V-1-12-2(Ka)-6-2012 dated 16th August 2012). Dr.Anis Ansari, IAS(Retd), took over as the Founder Vice Chancellor on 23rd April 2010. It was was named after Sufi Saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti of Ajmer who is known all over the world, for his benevolence and magnanimity. The University offers courses in Urdu, Arabic, Persian, English, Hindi, Geography, History, Economics, Home Science, Physical Education, Political Science, Education, Commerce, Business Administration, Journalism, Mass Communication and Computer Science at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Geography
- Candidate for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade “B” in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institute accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions approved by AIU.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differentlyabled and other category of candidates as per the decision of the Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
Note: Candidates appearing in final year PG examination are allowed to apply for Ph.D program subject to availability of result at the time of counselling.
- The candidate shall apply for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of the GIDS/KMCUAFU, on a prescribed form by paying a requisite fee. Every application for admission shall be submitted to the GIDS. The list of candidates found eligible to appear for an Entrance Test along with the admission schedule shall be notified on the Notice Board of the GIDS/KMCUAFU and the respective websites.
Selection to Ph.D is done on the basis of Entrance Examination conducted by the university and followed by Interview. Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET/GATE/GPAT or any other similar examination/SLET are exempted from entrance exam.
Documents Required at the Time of Interview
Candidates have to report according to the schedule given below in the Administrative Building of the GIDS with the following documents in original and one set of photocopy.
- Research Proposal/ Presentation
- Admit Card
- Filled Application Form
- All Original Mark sheets and Certificates
- Original Photo ID (Photo copy not allowed)
- Caste certificates for all OBC, SC and ST candidates
- Income Certificate for all OBC (Non Creamy Layer), SC and ST candidates
- Certificate for subcategory (if applied for the same)