Kashmir University or popularly known as University of Kashmir is one of the prestigious universities, rated A+ grade by NAAC in 2019. It was established in the year of 1969 and is located at Hazratbal, Srinagar in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. The university offers a wide variety of courses at undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and certificate levels.
- Arabic, Urdu, Hindi, Kashmiri, Library and Information Science, Persian, Sanskrit.
- Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the main subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto)/allied subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto) OR its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, calculations of marks as per CBCS pattern).
- In case of candidate possessing Degree equivalent to Master’s Degree from a Foreign University, degree equivalence certificated issued by AIU is mandatory.
- A relaxation of 5% marks i.e. from 55% to 50% marks in the aforesaid Degrees is allowed for those candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC (Block A & B) non-creamy layer)/ Differently Abled of Kashmir.
How to Apply
University of Kashmir offers an online application for which candidates can download the application form from the official website of the university.
Furthermore, the auto generated hard copies of the form must be duly filled and must be sent to the Office of Development Council with fees receipt with required documents.
- Go to the official website of the University of Kashmir, Srinagar and click on Downloads tab.
- Download the Application form by clicking on the link provided.
- Duly fill the application form
- Send the auto generated form with fees receipt to the Office of Development Council along with required documents.
- Class X Board Examinations Certificate & Marks-sheet
- Class XII Marks-sheet % Certificate
- Graduation Marks card
- PG Marks Card, if any
- State subject certificate
- Category certificate, if any
- Affidavit duly sworn in before 1st class Judicial Magistrate to the effect that the applicant is neither an employee nor a student in any course run through Govt./ Non-Govt. organization in session 2020-2021.
- Admission into the Ph.D is on the basis of the entrance test conducted by the university. Candidates also have to appear for the interview for the final selection.