Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad was established on 2 October 1972 by the Legislature of the State of Andhra Pradesh as the first–ever Technological University in the country. It has been in the forefront during the last forty four years in providing quality technical education of relevance in the State of Andhra Pradesh. After 37 years of relentless service to the society at large, JNT University was restructured into four different Universities namely JNT University Hyderabad, JNT University Anantapur, JNT University Kakinada and JNFAU by the Government of Andhra Pradesh vide Government Order No. 13, dated 18 August 2008 and the Act of State Legislature No. 30, dated September 2008. From then, this university was re-designated as Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH), Hyderabad. The jurisdiction of the University is entire Telangana State.
The constituent colleges and academic units/schools are as follows:
- JNTUH College of Engineering Hyderabad (Autonomous), Kukatpally, Hyderabad (1965)
- JNTUH College of Engineering Jagityal, Karimnagar Dist. (2007)
- JNTUH College of Engineering Manthani, Karimnagar Dist. (2010)
- JNTUH College of Engineering Sultanpur, Medak Dist. (2012)
- Institute of Science & Technology, Kukatpally, Hyderabad (1989)
- School of Information Technology, Kukatpally, Hyderabad (1989)
- School of Management Studies, Kukatpally, Hyderabad (1989)
- School of Continuing and Distance Education, Kukatpally, Hyderabad (1983)
- Civil Engineering, Water Resources, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communications, Biotechnology
- A candidate should possess a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% in the case of reserved categories) in the subject concerned or in any allied subject from a recognized university.
- Candidates who have passed M.Phil. degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% in the case of reserved categories) in the subject concerned or in any allied subject from a recognized university are also eligible to apply for admission.
Candidates can submit the application form in both the online as well as offline mode. Following are the steps to apply online:
- Download the application form available on the official website of the university.
- Take a printout of the form and fill it with the details.
- Application fees can be paid through a DD along with the application.
- Students can deposit the application fees through Net Banking or Demand Draft along with the application form in the favor of ‘The Registrar, JNT University Hyderabad’ or by challan in any nationalized bank.
- Upload scanned copy of the relevant documents.
- Candidates must submit an application fee of Rs. 200 & Rs. 20,000 as a registration fee by DD drawn in favour of “The Registrar, JNT University Hyderabad”, payable at Hyderabad, from any nationalized bank to the University Address.
- Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST/BC in the prescribed format.
- Attested copies of class X & XII mark sheet.
- Attested copies of Graduation & Post Graduation
- Three passport size photographs
- Valid id proof (Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID)
- The Ph.D. admission is subject to the availability of vacancies with the Research Supervisor(s) in the concerned department, candidate’s academic record and the performance of the candidate in the Ph.D. admission interview. A candidate, satisfying one or more of the eligibility criteria as per the rules is not guaranteed admission into Ph.D. programme. Candidates with a valid UGC/ CSIR/ JRF/ NET/ SLET/ M.Phil or GATE score are exempted from the university-based entrance test.