About Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics)
The Physics Ph.D. course prepares students for research and subject matter experts in their specific areas of strength and opens their professional reach in many fields. The Physics Ph.D. course focuses on physics, with disciplines such as atomic and condensed matter physics, laser physics, and particle physics. This course focuses on the laws of optical properties, tradition and quantum mechanics, force and gravity, stargazing and astronomy, biomedical materials science, etc. The physics doctoral program includes research-based subjects. The course includes quantum optics and laser physics, materials physics, solid-state physics and materials science, high energy physics, nonlinear optics, and electronic science. The Doctorate in Philosophy or Doctorate in Physics is a three-year doctoral program. Students seek a full-time frame for free exploration, students with expert information and research capabilities. Doctor. The physics course prepares research candidates, subject matter experts in any particular area of interest, and opens up career paths for them in many fields. The Ph.D. Physics course provides you with advanced research in physics, specializing in atomic and condensed matter physics, laser physics, particle physics, and other disciplines. Physics will provide insights for research in business or academia.
Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics) Overview
|Course Name||Doctorate of Philosophy in Physics|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Post-graduation in Physics Discipline|
|Entrance Based & Merit Based|
|Top Recruiters||CSIR-National Physical Laboratory of India, ITM Group of Institutes, Amity University, Manipal University, Physical Research Laboratory, Solid State Physics Laboratory, IISC Bangalore, IIIT Hyderabad, UBS, Amazon, Indian Institute of Science, Physical Research Laboratory PRL Thaltej Campus, etc|
|Job Positions||Researcher, Scientist, Physicist, Lecturer & Professor, Author & Writer, Journalist, Editor & Critic, Human Services Worker, Independent Consultant, Philosophical Journalist, Industrial R&D Lab professionals, Senior Research Scientist, etc.|
Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics) Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates seeking a Ph.D. in physics must have a bachelor's degree, M. Phil. Degree, or Master of Science in Physics or Materials Science, with a total score of not less than 60%.
- Minimum 60% of total CGPA or equivalent (for SC/ST relaxed to 55% or equivalent CGPA).
- More than universities conduct entrance exams such as CSIR/UGCJRF, CSIR/UGC, and JEST, and then conduct individual interviews for admission.
Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics) Admission Procedure
- The admission process for Physics Ph.D. courses depends on entrance exams such as CSIR / UGCJRF, CSIR / UGC, JEST / GATE, etc., and qualified candidates will be further evaluated on the basis of personal interviews.
- Some colleges also admit students directly based on their grades, with a minimum academic grade of 60% of the total score.
Here are the steps to remember when applying for a Ph.D. Physical Admission:
- Register online at the university application portal by filling in the required detailed information such as name, mobile phone number, and email ID.
- Login with the generated credentials. Fill out the online application form and provide personal and academic details such as gender, address, subject, brand, etc.
- Upload scanned copies of required documents, such as photos, signatures, mark sheets, certificates, etc. The scanned copy must conform to the required format and size.
- Pay the application fee set by the university. After the payment is successful, the registration confirmation letter will be sent to the candidates.
- Candidates should download and save the application form for reference.
Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics) Distance Education
According to UGC, distance education for Ph.D. in physics is no longer effective. However, Ph.D. IGNOU's Bachelor of Physics will continue to be recognized. The basic eligibility criteria for a distance physical education doctorate is that candidates must have a master's degree from a UGC-accredited university or any other recognized equivalent.
Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics) Top Colleges
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Birla Institute Of Technology, Ranchi
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Techno India University, Kolkata
- Manipal University, Jaipur
Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics) Top Entrance Exams
- CSIR UGC NET
- UGC NET
- IIT JAM
Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics) Syllabus
|Semester I ||Semester II|
|Research Methodology and Statistics ||Physics Laboratory|
|Theoretical Physics||Mathematical Methods|
|Experimental Physics||Quantum Mechanics|
|Numerical Methods and Simulation ||Statistical Mechanics|
|Research and Technical Communication||Numerical Methods and Programming|
|Semester III ||Semester IV|
|Electrodynamics||Atomic and Molecular Physics|
|Condensed Matter Physics||Nuclear and Particle Physics|
|Condensed Matter Physics Lab||Ph.D. Project|
|Department Elective ||Department Elective |
|Open Elective||Open Elective |
Benefits Of Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics)
Many students choose to study Ph.D. Physics because of the following reasons-
- Abundant employment opportunities - Students can find employment opportunities in education, medical care, health care, research, finance, consulting, IT, banking, and other industries.
- Top Skills Acquired- Ph.D. in Physics provides students with the ability to perform experiments, develop theories, mathematical modeling, and so on. Students acquire various fields such as optics, classical and quantum mechanics, electricity and magnetism, astronomy, astrophysics, biomedical physics, etc. Knowledge of the laws of nature
- Future Career Options- Doctoral students with a degree in physics can do any job, such as researchers, scientists, physicists, lecturers and professors, writers and writers, journalists, editors and critics, human service workers, independent consultants, philosophy journalists, industrial R&D laboratory professionals, senior research scientists, etc
Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics) Careers & Scope
After successfully completing a Ph.D. Physics graduates have a wide range of career options. They may find jobs in IT, research, chemistry, medical, healthcare, education, engineering, and other fields, or they may work in research management, university management, scientific reporting, technology management, and marketing. Graduates can choose to work as researchers, scientists, physicists, lecturers and professors, writers and writers, journalists, editors and critics, human service workers, freelance consultants, philosophy reporters, industrial R&D laboratory professionals, advanced scientific research Staff waiting for work. Doctor. In physics, a Ph.D. will help candidates work in various fields such as education, medical services, medicine (pharmaceuticals), and research departments. Candidates will have the opportunity to improve their research skills, collaborative discovery and analysis skills, and other professional fields. Generally speaking, a doctorate. Physics helps graduates follow their career paths in academic and business fields.
Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics) Job Recruiters
|job role ||Job Responsibilities |
|Petroleum Engineer||They Develop oil and gas exploration plans, assists in the creation of new machines, and work on-site to ensure that all equipment is installed correctly, etc.|
|Natural Science Manager||They Develop profitable and efficient strategies for research and development.|
They help students conduct their research effectively and ensure that their courses are fully prepared for students to work in their fields after graduation.
|Physicist||A physicist’s main task is to study the universe and formulate scientific theories, use his expertise to help product designers and engineers develop new scientific equipment, create software for data modeling, and publish a detailed description of his research Academic journals. |
|Research Scientist||Their main task is to understand social events, to understand exploration, progress, and setting work, and to explore as a researcher.|
Placements For Graduates in Doctor of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D. Physics)
- CSIR-National Physical Laboratory of India
- ITM Group of Institutes
- Amity University
- Manipal University
- Physical Research Laboratory
- Solid State Physics Laboratory
- IISC Bangalore
- IIIT Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Science
- Physical Research Laboratory PRL Thaltej Campus