About Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry
The Ph.D. in Soil Sciences and Agricultural Chemistry is an advanced academic course in the field of agricultural sciences. The specialty is the application of soil science and chemical principles in the field of agriculture. As an academic certificate program at the doctoral level, it is pursued by candidates who have completed the Master of Philosophy. Or the equivalent. The duration of the course is three years (in some cases it can be extended to 5 years), and the minimum eligibility criterion for admission is the M.Phil score of 55%. Or the equivalent level in the corresponding field. As a research field, soil science focuses on the analysis, research, and investigation of soil nutrient status in order to achieve higher soil productivity and efficiency. As a subfield of agricultural science, it is consistent with the research on improving agricultural productivity through soil enrichment mechanisms. As a doctoral-level academic course, this course aims to provide students with domain-specific skills and knowledge based on an overall inquiry so that they can make sustainable contributions. Through theoretical analysis and practical research, this course enables students to become subject experts while achieving the established goals.
Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry Highlights
|Course Name||Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry|
|Duration||At least 3 years and can be extended to 5 years (depending on the duration of the research)|
|Admission process||Entrance Test based/Merit-based (Based on M.Phil. or equivalent percentage)|
|Examinations type||Semester-Wise/Yearly exam based|
|Eligibility||M.Phil. or equivalent from any college/university.|
|Top recruiting areas||Soil research centers, Agriculture universities, Animal husbandry, Horticulture, Plant taxonomy|
Florist, Horticulture consultant, Husbandry manager, Soil Scientist, Plant breeder, etc.
Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must pass their M.Phil. Or from a national/private/accredited exam or the recognized equivalent from the Central University.
- Must obtain at least 55% (45% to 50% for candidates in the reserved category) M.Phil or an equivalent score in the corresponding field of research.
- You must not have any delays or compartments in any subject/subject at M.Phil level or equivalent, which have not been approved at the time of admission.
- In addition to the qualification criteria above, each college and institute may have its own additional criteria, and students must meet these criteria to be admitted (eg work or research experience in the field).
- For reserved students, a certificate of reservation issued by the competent authority must be presented in order to enjoy the benefits applicable to them.
- Certain institutions grant admission through the Common Entrance Examination (CET), such as the ICAR entrance examination. To be eligible for admission to these institutions, candidates must pass the minimum score to take the corresponding entrance exam.
Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry Admission Process
- Through the students of M.Phil. Or equivalent exams, with a score of at least 55% (45% to 50% for reserved students), and you can apply at the university that offers the course.
- Most universities or colleges provide admission qualifications based on CET scores (such as ICAR) or take their own entrance exams (such as AGRICET) to obtain a doctorate. Therefore, students must apply for such exams.
- Students must be eligible to take these exams (they must be qualified to take them) to enter the course.
- After the examination, the transcript of the final qualified candidate will be compiled, and the corresponding university or college will invite the candidate to participate in the admission process.
- After the final transcript is drawn up, the process of final distribution to the candidates will be carried out, and the candidates will be required to pay the course fees and registration fees for the corresponding academic year.
- After completing all the above procedures, the new school year begins.
Top Entrance Exams For Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry
- ICAR Entrance Exam
- BHU Entrance Test
- Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Entrance Exam
Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry Top Colleges/Universities
- Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwavidyalaya
- Birsa Agricultural University
- CSK Agricultural Vishvavidyalaya
- College of Postgraduate Studies
- Indian Institute of Spices Research
- Kerala Agricultural University
- National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology
- Rajendra Agricultural University
- RVS Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya
- SVBP University of Agriculture and Technology
Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry Syllabus
- Physics of Soil
- Soil Biochemistry
- Mineralogy, survey, and soil classification
- Principles of research in soil science
- Soil erosion, management, and conservation
- Environment and Soil pollution
- Presentation and Report
- Field research/training
- Thesis report and Seminar
Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry Career Options
- Ph.D. students in soil science and agricultural chemistry have many career choices. You can choose to work as a florist, gardening consultant, breeding manager, soil scientist, plant breeder, etc.
Jobs For Graduates In Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry
|Job Profiles||Job Description|
|Florist||In addition to playing a key role in the growth and development cycle of flowers, Florist also deals with the aesthetic uses of plants.|
|Agricultural Manager||This job involves the management of livestock units/structures as part of the compound agricultural development process. |
|Agricultural Consultant ||The job of an agricultural consultant is to provide farmers, farm managers, and agro-processing industries with the best advice on planting and crop management.|
|Soil Scientist||His work involves the research and development of soil nutrient enrichment. |
|Researcher||This is an analysis and practice-based work, which means that academic tasks and actual withdrawal are part of the research and development process.|
Placements For Graduates In Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry
- Western Digital Corporation
- Bajaj Auto
- Royal Enfield
- Orient Electric
- Black Rock India
- JP Morgan
- Allahabad Bank
- Cubastion Consulting Pvt. Ltd,
- De Sweden Ab
- Bridge Group Solutions
- XION Advertising