About Doctor of Philosophy in Forensic Science (Ph.D. Forensic Science)
The Doctorate in Forensic Sciences is a research-based course and its duration can be 3 to 5 years. This course is taught in many of the best universities in India. The Ph.D. in Forensic Sciences focuses primarily on the study of organisms, including humans. The course also includes the study of DNA replication in various organisms. This course is primarily intended for candidates who wish to participate in forensic investigation activities. The scope of the forensic science doctoral course is very broad. The forensic science course uses logical and analytical methods. It prepares students to study the human body in detail and discover the cause of its death. After completing the course, students will be able to conduct research activities in the field of medicine. They will also get other career opportunities. To be a successful forensic investigator, a candidate must have excellent logic, analytical, time management, and leadership skills.
Doctor of Philosophy in Forensic Science (Ph.D. Forensic Science) Key Points
|Course Level ||Doctorate|
|Course name||Doctorate of Philosophy in Forensic Science|
|Duration ||At least 3 years and can be extended to 5 years (depending on the duration of the research).|
|Eligibility||Master's degree in relevant discipline.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam + Personal Interview|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, Ranbaxy, NCB, NCRB, Government Organizations.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Colleges, Universities, Hospitals, Laboratories, Research Organizations.|
|Job Positions ||Professor, Researcher, Forensic Consultant, and many more.|
Doctor of Philosophy in Forensic Science (Ph.D. Forensic Science) Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must complete a master's degree in forensic science or any other related discipline.
- Candidates must pass the deadline for entrance exams. The deadline is set annually by the command university.
- Students must also perform well in a personal interview conducted after the entrance exam.
Doctor of Philosophy in Forensic Science (Ph.D. Forensic Science) Admission Procedure
- The admission process can be online or offline.
- Candidates must submit an application form and pay the registration fee.
- After, they will be informed of the date of the entrance exam.
- Candidates will not be admitted until the results of the entrance exam are announced.
- They must bring the required documents to the university and complete the admissions procedures.
- The admission process begins mainly in August. However, this year, due to the pandemic, all dates have been postponed.
Doctor of Philosophy in Forensic Science (Ph.D. Forensic Science) Top Entrance Exams
- UGC NET: It is a national-level examination that is specially meant for Ph.D. candidates.
- UGC CSIR NET: Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – National Eligibility Test
- GATE: GATE is the national-level examination that is crafted mainly for engineering candidates.
- JNU Ph.D. Entrance Exam: JNU Ph.D. The Entrance Exam is the entrance test conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- DTU Ph.D. Entrance Exam: Delhi Technical University
Top Colleges/Universities For Doctor of Philosophy in Forensic Science (Ph.D. Forensic Science)
- Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar
- BU - Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
- Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar
- OU - Osmania University, Hyderabad
- IFS Education Department, Pune
- Institute of Forensic Science, Mumbai
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, Delhi
Required Skillset For Doctor of Philosophy in Forensic Science (Ph.D. Forensic Science)
- Excellent logical skills
- Analytical skills
- Time management skills
- Leadership skills
- Quantitative Analysis Skills
- Research Skills
- The Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Interpersonal Skills
Syllabus of Doctor of Philosophy in Forensic Science (Ph.D. Forensic Science)
- Ethics and Research Methods in Forensic Science
- Introduction to Forensic Chemistry
- Forensic Science and Policing
- Digital Imaging in Forensic Science
- Forensic Anthropology- Introduction
- Forensic Anthropology- Advanced
- Forensic DNA Analysis
- Medical Death Investigation
- Forensic and Information Technology
Benefits of Doctor of Philosophy in Forensic Science (Ph.D. Forensic Science)
- Forensic Ph.D. students can work at private or government universities and provide education in various courses related to forensic science.
- Candidates may participate in the forensic investigation on their own. They can also serve as investigators in various government and private laboratories.
- Ph.D. The most popular field for forensic students in the field of medicine. Candidates can act as forensic consultants, forensic scientific investigators, biomedical investigators, etc.
Careers Options After Doctorate in Forensic Science (Ph.D. Forensic Science)
- There are many popular research laboratories in India hiring PhDs. Forensic students.
- Ph.D. Forensic Science students can also look for jobs in various other fields.
- Some of the most popular doctoral fields for forensic students are the medical department, education department, research department, and so on.
- Few of the most popular companies offer jobs for Ph.D. Candidates of Forensic Sciences are Ranbaxy, Apollo Hospital, NCB, NCRB, etc.
Jobs after After Doctorate in Forensic Science (Ph.D. Forensic Science)
|Job Positions||Job Descriptions|
|Forensic pathologist||A forensic pathologist conducts an autopsy on the body to find out the true cause of a person's death.|
|Post-mortem specialists||Post-mortem specialists perform and supervise post-mortem tests conducted in forensic laboratories. |
|Forensic Instructor||Forensic instructor trains students in various forensic procedures involved in detailed forensic investigations. |
|Professor||Professor teaches UG, PG, Ph.D. College and university students. You are expected to have a very deep understanding of the course. |
|Forensic Consultants||Forensic consultants organize different types of cases related to forensic science. |
The biomedical researcher studies the human body and finds ways to improve overall health.
|Lecturer||A lecturer shares his knowledge on topics related to forensic medicine with the students. |
Placements After Doctorate in Forensic Science