Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University, established in 1957 by the Uttar Pradesh State Universities Act, in its long eventful journey has constantly striven to live up to its motto, Let noble thoughts come to me from all directions by assimilating diverse ideas, people and beliefs into its academic life. The geographical location of the University is 26.7480 degrees North (latitude), 83.3812 degrees East (longitude). The University, the first to be established in Uttar Pradesh after Independence and named after the great political thinker, Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya is located in the holy city of Gorakhpur and inherits the spiritual and philosophical legacy of Buddha, Kabir and Guru Gorakshnath. Spread over 191.21 acres, it houses 06 faculties comprising of 29 departments that have been playing a significant role in imparting holistic education to the people of the Eastern region since its inception. As a residential-cum-affiliating State University it can boast of a rich academic legacy, illustrious alumni, experienced, qualified and dedicated faculty members, transparent, effective and responsive administrative set up, state-of-the art library, Wi-Fi campus, ample career growth opportunities for its students, advanced research facilities and a vibrant and safe campus. With its cherished goal of nourishing creative talent and scientific temper among its students and sensitizing them to larger socio-economic and political realities, the University aspires to contribute meaningfully to regional and national development.
- Agriculture (Agronomy), Agriculture (Gentics and Plant Breeding), Agriculture (Horticulture), Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Extention, Ancient History, Archaeology & Culture, Biotechnology, Botany, Business Administration, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Defence & Strategic Studies, Economics, Education, Electronics, English, Environmental Science, Geography, Hindi, History, Home Science, Law, Mathematics, Microbiology, Performing Arts, Philosophy, Physical Education, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Statistics, Urdu, Visual Arts, Zoology
- A candidate for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must, at the time of application, hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in the concerned or allied subject with at least 55% Marks (50% for SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991.) of the University, a deemed University or other University incorporated by any law for the time being in force and recognized by the University.
- The candidate is advised to apply for admission only if he/she fulfils the eligibility requirements.
- Application form may be downloaded from the University website.
- Duly filled application form should be submitted to the Head, Centre for Entrance Test along with self attested copies of all relevant documents and prescribed application fee though a mode of payment as decided by the University.
- The candidate should keep photocopy of the application form with him/ her. He/ she has to produce photocopy of the application form at the time of Entrance Test.
- The candidate should bring his/ her valid photo ID.
- Candidates shall be admitted through an entrance test followed by an interview. The candidates who have qualified UGC-NET with JRF / UGC-CSIR-NET with JRF / teacher fellowship holder or any other Government / Foreign research fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme (as per UGC Regulations 2009 or amended thereafter) with course work shall be exempted from the entrance test but they have to appear in the interview.