Chaudhary Charan Singh University (formerly, Meerut University) was established in 1965, to cater to the needs of higher education in western Uttar Pradesh. The University celebrated its silver jubilee in 1991. Presently, it is one of the premier educational institutions of the country encompassing a vast, beautiful and pollution-free campus which sprawls over 222 acres of land having vast playgrounds and experimental fields, botanical garden, rose garden with life-size statue of the late Prime Minister Ch. Charan Singh, Gymnasium, Indoor Stadium, well equipped Library, Hostels for both girls and boys, Administrative Block, Spacious Auditorium, Guest House, Community Center, Medical Center, Residential Quarters for faculty members and employees, Canteen, Bank and Post office. The teaching department belonging to different faculties, are housed in spacious buildings and have well-equipped laboratories and advanced facilities. The University also has a separate engineering college, which is currently offering courses leading to B.Tech. degree in several different branches of engineering.
- Genetics & Plant Breeding, Economics, Political Science, Horticulture, English, Psychology, Botany, Hindi, Sociology, Chemistry, History, Urdu, Mathematics, Physics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Statistics, Yoga Education, Physical Education, Zoology, Education, Law, Toxicology
- Masters Degree with 55% marks in the main subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto)/allied subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto) OR its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, calculations of marks as per CBCS pattern).
- In case of candidate possessing Degree equivalent to Masters Degree from a Foreign University, degree equivalence certificated issued by AIU is mandatory.
- A relaxation of 5% marks i.e. from 55% to 50% marks in the aforesaid Degrees is allowed for those candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC (Block A & B) non-creamy layer)/ Differently Abled.
How to Apply
Candidates need to fill separate application form online for each course to which admission is through entrance test conducted by the university. Application forms for admission to various programmes offered by CCS University Meerut can be filled online by visiting http://ccsuforms.in/. To fill the application form correctly, please follow the given steps:
- Select the course for which you seek admission.
- Read carefully and Agree to the terms and conditions of CCS University Meerut.
- Provide all the required personal and Academic information.
- Upload the scanned copy of passport size photograph.
- PAy the required fee and submit the application to complete the same.
Documents Required at the time of Admissions
- Metric-High School/Secondary School Certificate
- Mark sheet of Metric/High School/Secondary School
- Intermediate/10+2/Senior Secondary School Certificate
- Mark sheet of intermediate/10+2/Senior Secondary School
- Graduation and Post Graduation All Marksheets and Certificates
- Caste certificate for OBC,SC and ST candidate
- Medical Certificate from registered medical practitioner
- Aadhar Card
- UPSEE allotment (Wherever applicable) letter
- Transfer Certificate (TC)/Migration Certificate (original).
- All other candidates shall submit Migration Certificate.
- Character certificate for all categories.
- Admission into the Ph.D is on the basis of the entrance test conducted by the university. Candidates also have to appear for the interview for the final selection. Candidates who have qualified UGC NET/ CSIR/ SLET/ GATE examination or are Teacher Fellowship holder/ Awardee of fellowship by DST (INSPIRE), ICMR or other National Agency are exempted from the entrance test. Candidates must bring the above-mentioned original documents at the time of interview for verification process along with a set of self-attested copies.