Baba Farid University of Health Sciences was established under an Act passed by the Legislature of the State of Punjab in July, 1998. The mission of the University is to create an intellectual, academic and physical environment, conducive to free flow of ideas and exchange of information between various faculties of the University and between this University and other Universities of Health Sciences in the country and abroad,thereby opening a window to the world for the health professionals, health planners, health managers, biomedical and social scientists and educators in health sciences of the country .
Nursing, Physiotherapy, Dental Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceuticals and Allied Health Sciences.
- Masters Degree with 55% marks in the main subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto)/allied subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto) OR its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, calculations of marks as per CBCS pattern).
- In case of candidate possessing Degree equivalent to Master Degree from a Foreign University, degree equivalence certificated issued by AIU is mandatory.
- A relaxation of 5% marks i.e. from 55% to 50% marks in the aforesaid Degrees is allowed for those candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC (Block A & B) non-creamy layer)/ Differently Abled.
The candidates can fill the application form in the online form. The registration process for the courses is given below. Follow the given steps and make the registration.
- Visit the official website.
- Download the application form from the website.
- Take a print out of the form and fill it.
- After filling, submit the form along with the Demand Draft drawn in favour of "Registrar, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences of the amount Rs. 5000 (Rs. 2500 for SC category), Faridkot and the xerox copies of the related documents with self attestation.
- Send all of it to the office of Registrar, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Sadiq Road, Faridkot before the due date.
- Admission into the Ph.D is on the basis of the entrance test conducted by the university. Candidates also have to appear for the interview for the final selection. Candidates who have qualified UGC NET/ CSIR/ SLET/ GATE examination or are Teacher Fellowship holder/ Awardee of fellowship by DST (INSPIRE), ICMR or other National Agency are exempted from the entrance test. Candidates must bring the below-mentioned original documents at the time of interview for verification process along with a set of self-attested copies.
- Class X Board Examinations Certificate & Marks-sheet
- Class XII Marks-sheet % Certificate
- Graduation Marks card
- PG Marks Card, if any
- Category certificate, if any
- Migration Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- 4 Passport Size Photographs