Annamalai University was established on 01.01.1929. The university was located in Annamalai Nagar in Cuddalore district of Tamil Nadu. University is approved by INC, MCI, NCTE, UGC. Rajah Sir S. R. M. Annamalai Chettiar founded Sri Minakshi College to serve the downtrodden and to promote Tamil Literature, in the early 1920s. For establishing a University Rajah Sir S. R. M. Annamalai Chettiar agreed with the local Government, in 1928. Thus University was established as per Annamalai University Act 1928.
- Vision: Our vision is to develop human resources who will lead the economy and the society in the coming decades to be an unique institute imparting education. To livestock owners, government, semi-government and allied agencies provide consultancy and specialist services.
Annamalai University subjects offered in PhD program
Annamalai University PhD in Faculty of Arts
- Subjects offered: English, History, Social Work, Commerce, Population Studies, Political Science, Business Administration, Rural Development, Rural Studies, Library & Information Science, Philosophy, Law, Public Administration, Economics, Sociology
Annamalai University PhD in Faculty of Science
- Subjects offered: Mathematics, Botany, Plant Biology & Plant Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Geology, Applied Geology, Geo informatics, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry
Annamalai University PhD in Faculty of Marine Sciences
- Subjects offered: Marine Biology & Oceanography, Coastal Aquaculture, Ocean Science & Technology, Marine Biotechnology, Marine Microbiology, Marine Food Technology
Annamalai University PhD in Faculty of Indian Languages
- Subjects offered: Tamil, Linguistics, Indian Diaspora and Migration Studies
Annamalai University PhD in Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Subjects offered: Chemical, Electronics & Instrumentation, Information Technology, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering - Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering - Food Technology, Chemical Engineering - Industrial Safety, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Civil, Civil & Structural, Computer Science & Engineering,
Annamalai University PhD in Faculty of Education
- Subjects offered: Education, Psychology, Physical Education, Yoga.
Annamalai University PhD in Faculty of Fine Arts
- Subjects offered: Music
Annamalai University PhD in Faculty of Agriculture
- Subjects offered: Agronomy, Entomology, Plant Pathology, Agricultural Extension, Animal Husbandry, Microbiology, Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Botany, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Seed Science & Technology, Horticulture, Agricultural Economics, Agri. Business Management
Annamalai University PhD in Faculty of Medicine
- Subjects offered: Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, Community Medicine, General Medicine, Paediatrics, DVL, Psychiatry, General Surgery, ENT, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, Radio-Diagnosis, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Anaesthesiology, Cardiology, Nursing, Pharmacology
Annamalai University PhD in Faculty of Dentistry
- Subjects offered: Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Oral Medicine and Radiology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Periodontology, Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics, Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
Annamalai University About program
PhD program in the university has minimum 3 years and Max 06 years duration without M.Phil from the date of registration and 2-5 with M.Phil. The candidate have to complete his research in the given period of time. If he fails to do it his registration will be canceled. Women candidates and SAP candidates will be allowed a relaxation of two years in the maximum duration. Candidate who are willing for registration to the Ph.D. programme should have a Master Degree in related subject from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks or a minimum CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale. Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum eligible marks for admission for candidate belonging to SC/ST community. Candidate should have to pass the National Level Entrance Test organise by university. Candidates are exempted from National Level Entrance Test who have qualified UGC-NET Lecturership examination. They can join for Ph.D. at any time.
Annamalai University How to apply for Admission
- Candidate can visit the official webiste of university and click on admission portal. On left menu there are several icons which identifies.
- Selection Guide: This is the list of the several programs in the university based on the field of study like Fine Arts, Indian Languages, Medical Pharmacy, Arts, Science, Marine sciences, Education, Engineering & Agriculture.
- Fee Structure: Total fee for all courses is given in this link. Candidate can know the detail by clicking on it.
- Applications : New applications for admission are available here.
- Counselling : Candidate can find details regarding counselling Schedule, counselling call Letter, Admit list, Wait list by clicking on this tab.