Anna University was established on 4th September, 1978 as a unitary type of University. This University was named after Late Dr.C.N.Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Applied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society. Besides promoting research and disseminating knowledge gained therefrom, it fosters cooperation between the academic and industrial communities. The University is situated in the southern part of the city of Chennai and it is 3 kms. from the nearest Railway Station (Guindy) and 10 kms. from Chennai Airport. The University's Main Campus extends over 189 acres abutting the Adyar River on the north and Raj Bhavan on the south. The Madras Institute of Technology at Chrompet constitutes the second campus of the University which extends over 52 acres. A third campus extending over 5 acres is located at Taramani, Chennai. These campuses have a variety of buildings serving the various needs of the University community.
- Engineering & Technology, Management, Science and Humanities, Architecture & Planning
- The eligibility criteria for admission is minimum 55% marks in Masters degree/M.Phil./M.Tech./LL.M./M.D./M.S. Degree in the same or allied subject from a recognized University with 5% relaxation for OBC/SC/ST and Persons with Disability. The allied subjects for admission to Ph.D. in a particular Department shall be decided by the DRC of that respective Department.
- No Candidate shall be eligible to register for the Ph.D. programme if he/she is already registered for any full time programme of study in any University/Institution.
One time Non Refundable Registration Fee
The mode of Registration fee payment is through online only.
- General Category candidates - Rs.1000/-
- Tamil Nadu SC/ST/SCA candidates - Rs.600/-
- Other State SC/ST candidates - Rs.1000/-
- Admission Fee - Rs. 2500/-
Candidates are advised to follow the below-listed steps in order to apply for Ph.D. & MS by Research courses.
- Visit the official website of Anna University.
- Fill the application form and pay the application fee of Rs. 800 (Rs. 400 for SC/ST) by Credit/ Debit Card or through Net-Banking.
- Take the printout of duly filled application form and send it to the university address along with fee receipt and self-attested copies of desired documents:
Center for Research,
Anna University, Chennai- 600 025
- Admission into the Philosophy Doctor (Ph.D) Program shall be strictly based on Merit determined taking into account the Category-wise Minimum Qualifying Marks into the Pre-Ph.D Admission Test and Performance in Viva Voce Interview.