West Bengal University Of Animal And Fishery Sciences was set up on 2nd January, 1995. The university was established as a public rural university to meet the long-standing demand of the people to have a university dedicated to teaching skills pertaining to the rural areas. It has 19 departments under the Veterinary ad Animal sciences section and 4 departments under the Dairy Technology section and 8 departments under the fishery department. WBUAFS offers various UG, PG and a Ph.D. course in different fields of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Dairy Technology and Fishery Sciences.
Campus Contact Details
- 37 & 68 Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata(700 037), West Bengal India
- Phone Number:- 033-25563450
- E-mail ID:- email@example.com
- Website:- www.wbuafscl.ac.in
Subjects offered in Ph.D
Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
- Veterinary Anatomy & Histology.
- Veterinary Physiology.
- Veterinary Biochemistry.
- Veterinary Pathology.
- Veterinary Microbiology.
- Veterinary Surgery & Radiology.
- Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics.
- Veterinary Medicine, Ethics & Jurisprudence.
- Veterinary Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine.
- Veterinary Public Health.
- Animal Genetics & Breeding.
- Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology.
- Animal Nutrition.
- Livestock Products Technology.
- Livestock Production Management.
- Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Extension Education.
- Veterinary Parasitology.
Faculty of Dairy Technology
- Dairy Technology.
- Dairy Engineering.
- Dairy Chemistry.
- Dairy Microbiology.
Faculty of Fishery Science
- Fisheries Resource Management
- Aquatic Environment Management
- Aquatic Animal Health.
- Fish Processing Technology.
- Fishery Extension.
- Fishery Engineering.
- Fishery Economics.
Duration of the Program is 3 year (One year course curriculum).
Eligibility for Ph.D
Master’s degree in Veterinary & Animal Sciences, M.Tech. (Dairy Technology) / M.SC. (Dairying) and M.F.Sc. and securing at least 55% marks in aggregate or 6.75 in 10 point scale or 2.75 OGPA in 4.00 point scale.
Selection of Candidates
- Candidate will be selected on the base of Master’s Degree level and performance in the written test and personal interview.
- Total marks are 100 in which 40% are from Master Degree, 40% on of written test and 20% on personal interview.
- Candidate have to score 50% in aggregate in Academic Score, Written Test and Personal Interview.
How to Apply?
- Fill all the personal and academic details in the application form.
- Upload scanned copies of passport size photographs and signature of the candidates.
- Pay online an amount of Rs. 500 as registration fees (Rs. 250 for ST/SC/OBC).
- Take a printout of duly filled in application form and fee receipt for future reference.
- Online payment receipt
- Character Certificate from institute last studied
- NOC from Employer when applying for PG course
- Provisional Master’s Degree
- Valid WBJEE Scorecard.
- Attested Copy of Domicile Certificate
- Attested Copy of 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Hard copy of Application duly signed by the Parents/Guardians