Visva Bharati University is a Government funded autonomous university situated in Santiniketan, West Bengal. The foundation stone was laid in the year 1863, and in 1888, Sri Debendranath Tagore offered the buildings. However, the university was founded in the year 1921 by Rabindranath Tagore. VBU was given the status of a central university by the 1951 Act of Parliament. The main campus of the university is spread over 1127.33 acres of land. Visva Bharati University (VBU) offers various Under Graduate (UG), Post Graduate (PG), M.Phil and Ph.D. courses under various specializations of Physical Education, Arts, Fine Arts, Design, Music, Social Work, Science, and Education etc.
Visva Bharati University (VBU) Approval & Affiliations
- UGC- University Grants Commission
- NAAC- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- NCTE- National Council for Teacher Education
- Government of West Bengal
Visva Bharati University (VBU) Campus Contact Details
- Address:- PO : Sriniketan, West Bengal, India Pin 731236
- Phone Number:- +91 (3463) 262751
- E-mail ID:- email@example.com
- Website:- www.visvabharati.ac.in
Visva Bharati University (VBU) B.P.Ed. Admission 2018
Visva Bharati University (VBU) has released official notifications for admission to the NCTE approved B.P.Ed. (Bachelor of Physical Education) for the academic session 2018-19. Candidates can apply directly through online mode on university official website on or before the last specified date.
Visva Bharati University (VBU) B.P.Ed. Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should have passed the H.S. (10+2) or equivalent with at least 45% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade from any recognized Board and State level participation in games/sports which may be of State Inter School, State Inter College etc.
Age limit for B.P.Ed. Admission In Visva Bharati University (VBU)
Age must be in between 17 and 22 years for general candidates and for sports person or SC and ST candidates age must be in between 17 and 24.
Visva Bharati University (VBU) B.P.Ed. Application Process 2018
The application process for the B.P.Ed. course is done through online mode on the university website. Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the university official website.
- Click on the "Admission Application 2018" button.
- Read all important instructions before applying online.
- Fill the online application form and upload all required documents such as photograph and signature.
- The size of the scanned file must be less than 100KB.
- Pay the application fee through online mode by using Credit card, Net banking or ATM-cum-Debit card.
- Take a printout of duly filled in application form and fee receipt for future use.
Visva Bharati University (VBU) B.P.Ed. Application Fees
All types of payment will be made online through payment gateway and offline at different branches of HDFC through challan generated online.
Visva Bharati University (VBU) B.P.Ed. Admission Process 2018
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance test conducted by the VBU university and followed by the counseling process. Candidates should bring all original and attested photocopies of all the following documents:
- Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination
- Admit Card
- Caste Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Sports Certificate
- One valid ID proof
- Five latest new passport size photographs