Vidyasagar University was established in the year 1981. The university campus is located in Midnapore, West Bengal. The university is named after the most illustrious sons of Bengal as well as one of the doyens of Indian Renaissance, Pandit Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar. Vidyasagar university offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral level degree programs in different fields of Arts, Commerce, Science, Business Administration, Education, Computer Applications, and Life Science etc.
Campus Contact Details
- Paschim Medinipur, Midnapore, West Bengal (721102), India
- Phone Number:- 03222-275297
- E-mail ID:- email@example.com
- Website:- www.vidyasagar.ac.in
M.Phil. program in the following Specializations
Bengali, Economics, English, Hindi, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit, Santali, Commerce, Women’s Study, and Anthropology.
M.Phil. Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must possess Master’s Degree or a degree deemed equivalent in the relevant field from any university or institution recognized by this university with a minimum of 55% (general category), 50% (SC, ST, PH, OBC-A, OBC-B categories) marks.
- Candidate must not be currently admitted as a student in any full-time course of studies / registered for doing M.Phil. in any university.
- Candidates who are in the final semester of their master’s degree are also eligible to apply for the M.Phil. the programme, however, they should fulfil the above criteria within the stipulated time.
M.Phil. Selection Process
- Admission to the M.Phil. programme will be done on the basis of merit list prepared as per the performance of the candidate in the university written examination, followed by an interview conducted by the respective Research Committee.
- However, candidates who have qualified at the NET/GATE/SET/UGC (JRF)/CSIR (JRF) are not required to appear in the entrance examination. Selection of such candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the interview conducted by the M.Phil. Committee.
- The Application forms can be obtained from the university office upon payment of Rs. 350/- at the university cash counter and can also be downloaded from the official university website. In case of downloaded application forms, the candidate must enclose demand draft (DD) of Rs. 350/- as the required fee. DD should be drawn in favour of Vidyasagar University, payable at Midnapore.
- Duly filled-in applications, along with the necessary enclosures and self-attested copies of testimonials of the candidate, must be sent or submitted to the Enquiry Counter of the university / Registrar within the stipulated date either in person/by post. Candidate must keep the Xerox copy of the completed applications for subsequent use
Documents Required for Admission
- Transfer Certificate
- Admit Card and Mark Sheet of 10th
- Qualifying degree examination
- HSC/CBSE/other equivalent mark sheet
- Community Certificate (For OC candidates community certificate not required)
- Certificates for Special categories, if required
- Nativity Certificate if required
- Date of Birth Certificate (SSC / ICSE / CBSE).
- Medical certificate
- Other relevant certificates