Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya is one of the best agricultural university in Pundibari West Bengal, India. The university has three faculties (Horticulture, Agriculture, and Agricultural Engineering). It was established on February 1, 2001, by the Government of West Bengal. UBKV is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya offers various UG, PG and Research programs in different disciplines of Agriculture, Horticulture, and Forestry.
Official Contact Details:
- Pundibari, Cooch Behar, West Bengal 736165, India
- Phone Number:- 03582-270012
- E-mail ID:- firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Website:- www.ubkv.ac.in
Ph.D Admission Notifications
Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwavidyalya (UBKV) offers admission to the Research programme i.e., Ph.D. in different disciplines of Agriculture, Horticulture and Forestry for the academic session. Candidates can apply for admission online by visiting the official website of the university before the due date.
Proograms offerd in Ph.D
- It contains ten Academic Departments
- Plant Pathology, Agril. Extension, Agril. Exonomics, Biochemistry, Agronomy, Agril. Statistics, Soil Science and Aril. chemistry, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Agril. Entomology, Seed Science and Technology
- It contains six Academic Departments
- Florticulture abd Labdscaor Architecture, Forestry, Fruit Science, Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops, Post-harvest Technology, Vegetable Science
Details Regarding Ph.D Program
- Eligibility: Candidate who wants to take admission in Ph.D Program in Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwavidyalaya should have Master Degree in Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry with atleast 7.00 OGPA from any recognized university of India or Foreign University.
- Admission and other fees: For Ph.D – for Regular Scholar - 20,300.00(for Hosteller). 15,800.00(for Day Scholar)
- Age Limit: The minimum age of the candidate must be 23 years at the time of admission.
Scholarship Provided in the University
- University Research Scholarship (URS) will be awarded as per merit panel in descending order to the admitted candidates in Regular Scholar Category.
- Students from other states than of West Bengal are not eligible for URS.
Important Information regarding Admission
From 11.00 a.m. and to be ended by 12.00 noon reporting will start. At the time of counselling candidate would have to submit the following testimonials in original.
- Mark sheets of all examinations passed and Admit card of Madhyamik or equivalent..
- SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD (PH) certificate.
- Six copies of Photographs.
- Degree Certificates.
- Original Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate.
- Character Certificate
How to Apply for Admission?
- Application Fee is Rs. 1000.00 only for general & OBC-A & OBC-B categories.
- Rs. 250.00 (Rupees two hundred fifty) only for SC/ST categories
- The registration process for the Ph.D. programme is done by filling and submitting the online application form only through the official university website. Candidates have to submit the printout of duly filled in online application form along with application fee and attested photocopies of all required documents to the university address.