University of Calcutta formerly known as Calcutta University. It is popular public state university located in Kolkata, West Bengal. The university was established on 24 January 1857 by the Act of Legislative Council of British India. Calcutta University was awarded 5 stars by NAAC. The university has 168 affiliated colleges, which offers Bachelor degree programs in various streams. All these affiliated colleges are situated across the city of Kolkata, Howrah, and South 24 Parganas. University of Calcutta (UOC) offers various UG (Undergraduate), PG (Postgraduate), Research (M.Phil. & Ph.D.) and Diploma level programs in different specializations of Management, Library Science, Commerce, Arts, Science, Engineering & Technology, and Law etc.
Calcutta University Approval & Affiliation
- UGC- University Grants Commission
- NCTE- National Council for Teacher Education
- AICTE- All India Council for Technical Education
- BCI- Bar Council of India
- NAAC- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- Government of West Bengal
Calcutta University Campus Contact Details
- Address:- 87/1, College Street, Kolkata-700 073, West Bengal India
- Phone Number:- 033-22410071
- E-mail ID:- email@example.com
- Website:- www.caluniv.ac.in
University of Calcutta B.Ed. Admission 2018
Calcutta University invites Applications for admission to the NCTE approved B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education) for the educational session 2018-19. The application process for the B.Ed. course is to be completed online only on the University website.
University of Calcutta offers B.Ed. Programme in the following method subjects:-
- Bengali, English, Sanskrit, Mathematics, History, Geography, Economics, Accountancy and Book Keeping, Education, Political Science, Hindi, Urdu, and Arabic.
University of Calcutta B.Ed. Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have passed with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Humanities/ Social Science or Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto.
Age limit for B.Ed. Admission in Calcutta University
- Candidate should be not more than 40 years of age for general category and 45 years for the reserved category such as SC / ST / PWD / OBC, as on June 30th, 2018.
How to Apply for B.Ed. Admission in the University of Calcutta?
The registration process for the B.Ed. course is done through online mode on official University website. Here are the steps to apply online:
- Visit the university official website.
- Register yourself at the website and click on “Register for New User”.
- Candidate must enter Name, Date of Birth, Email, Category, Whether Wards of Police, Details of the Police personnel/Ex-Police Personnel, 8 to 15 character password, confirm password and enter verification code, continue.
- Now enter the college of your preference.
- Upload a latest new photo and signature.
- Pay the application fee through State Bank Collect Payment through Debit Card/Credit Card, or download SBI Challan and pay at any SBI branch.
- Submit the application form and then download Application Form for future references.
University of Calcutta B.Ed. Application Fee
- For General Category Candidates:- Rs. 150/-
- For SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates:- Rs. 75/-
University of Calcutta B.Ed. Admission Process
Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit and followed by the counseling process.
University of Calcutta B.Ed. Reservation Criteria
80% of the B.Ed. seats will be reserved for students from Calcutta University only.
Overall, the distribution of the reserved seats in favor of various sections will be as follows:-
- Scheduled Caste- 22%
- Scheduled Tribe- 6%
- Physically Disabled- 3%