Tumkur University is one of the finest university in the state of Karnataka. It was came into existence in the year 2004 under the Karnataka State Universities Act, 2000. It is a state public university located in the city of Tumkur of Karnataka State. The University has been recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Accredited with "A Grade" University by the National Assessment of Accreditation Council (NAAC). Tumkur University has 12 postgraduate departments, 2 constituent colleges, and 94 affiliated colleges. Tumkur University is offering a number of different courses at the UG, PG and doctorate level in various streams of Arts, Science and Technology, Commerce, Education, and Management etc.
Tumkur University Official Contact Details:
- Address:- Vishwavidyanilaya Karyalaya B.H. Road, Tumkur, Karnataka 572103, India
- Phone Number:- 0816-2254546
- Fax Number: 0816-2270719
- E-mail ID:- email@example.com
- Website:- www.tumkuruniversity.ac.in
Tumkur University offers Ph.D. in following disciplines:
- Buddhist Studies
- History & Archeology
- Material Science
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Social Work
Tumkur University Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must have passed the post-graduate degree with a minimum of 55% (50% For SC/ST/cat-1/Physically challenged students, and teachers, librarians, and physical education personnel) marks in aggregate or equivalent degree from any recognized University.
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. degree are also eligible to get admission in the Ph.D. program.
Tumkur University Ph.D. Application Process:
The candidates can obtain the application form from the University Admission Office. Candidates must have to submit the duly filled in application form along with all the required documents, and a demand draft of Rs.1500/- (Rs.750/- for SC/ST/physically challenged) in favor of "Finance Officer, Tumkur University, Tumkur".
Tumkur University Ph.D. Application Fee:-
- For General Category Candidates:- Rs. 1500/-
- For SC/ST/physically challenged Candidates:- Rs. 750/-
- Tution Fee : Rs. 23,720/year
Payment is required to be made to
- Account Number: 05522200027445
- IFSC Code of the Branch: SYNB0000552
- Branch Code: 0552
- MICR Code: 591025546
- Account Type: Saving
- Name of the Bank and Branch: Syndicate Bank, Bhutaramanahatti, Belgaum
Tumkur University Ph.D. Admission Process:-
The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Exam conducted by the university and followed by an Interview. Candidates who have passed UGC/CSIR (JRF)/SLET/K-SET/GATE exams, or do hold teacher fellowship will be selected 50% on basis of their interview, and 50% on their marks in their Master's Degree.
Tumkur University Entrance Test
- Entrance Test in the university will be of 3 hours duraion which includes 40 marks on Research Methodology and 60 marks on relevant subjects.
- Candidate who scores 50 marks out of 100 will be elligible for admission and 45 marks for SC / ST candidates
- After this candidate is eligible for the interview which is conducted by the UGC NET/ SLET / CSIR JRF / GATE.