The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences is one of the premier National Law Schools and top-ranking centres of legal education in the country. It was established in July, 1999 under the WBNUJS Act, 1999 and inaugurated by the then Chief Justice of India, B. N. Kirpal. The campus of the university is located in Kolkata, West Bengal. NUJS Kolkata offers BA/B.Sc LLB (H), LLM, M. Phil, Ph.D. and LLD.
Campus Contact Details
- Dr. Ambedkar Bhavan 12, LB Block, Sector III(700098), Salt Lake City Kolkata
- Phone Number:- +91 33-2335 7379
- E-mail ID:- email@example.com
- Website:- www.nujs.edu
Approval & Affiliation
- UGC : University Grant Commission
- BCI : Bar Council of India
- NAAC : National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- Government of West Bengal
M.Phil. Law Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have passed the LLM Degree or any other equivalent qualification with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) for general category and 50% marks in case of SC and ST category from this university or from any other recognized University.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of an Entrance Test conducted by the University and followed by an Interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be called fro personal interview. Candidates who have qualified for UGC/SLET/SET/JRF fellowships to be exempted from writing the Entrance Test. Foreign candidates who have LL M degree from a foreign university or Indian University with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA are also exempted from the entrance test.
Entrance Test Pattern
Entrance Test shall consist of one paper to be completed in a duration of 3 hours which would be of 80 marks which would consist of
- Law and Social Transformation in India
- Indian Constitutional Law: the New Challenges
- Judicial Process
- Legal Education
- Research Methodology
Coure Work will be consist of Advanced Research Methodology (100 marks) and Research proposal along with the Review of Literature in the area of research (200 marks).
- Candidates should download the Application Form from the University website. It would be available under the “Admissions” tab.
- Candidates should take a print out of the Application Form, and fill it with the necessary personal and academic details in your own handwriting and also affix a self-attested recent colour passport size photograph.
- Application Fee would be of Rs. 2000 which candidates should pay in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, WBNUJS, Kolkata payable at Kolkata.
- Candidates should then send the duly signed Application with relevant documents including the Demand Draft and the Research Proposal, to the following address: The Registrar, WBNUJS, 12 LB Block, Salt Lake City, Sector - III, Kolkata - 700098