The Sanskrit College and University was came into existence in 2015. During the British regime based on a recommendation foundation of Sanskrit College was laid by HT James Prinsep and Thomas Babington Macaulay. In 1824, Rt. Honorable William Pit Amherst laid the first foundation stone of the college. This college to impart knowledge of Hindu Law, grammar, Indian Culture, ancient literature, philosophy and to promote the learning of Sanskrit among British officials as well as the Indians.
Address Details of the University
- Bankim Chatterjee Street, Kolkata - 700 073
- Phone 2241-361
- Website: http://sanskritcollegeanduniversity.org.in
Duration of the Programme
- Minimum duration of the program is four consecutive semesters / Two year and a maximum of four years.
- Program will start form January of each year.
- A relaxation of one year for M.Phil. in the maximum duration will be given to women candidates and Persons with Disability more than 40% disability.
- Women candidates will get Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave for up to 240 days once in the entire duration.
- Candidates who wants to get admission in M.Phil program should have Master's degree or a degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled will get relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%.
Procedure for admission
- Course fees presently Rs. 5,000/-
- Candidate will get admission by Entrance Test conducted by the individual Department/Faculty of the university.
- Candidate who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC NET (including JRF)/SET/GATE will be exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Candidate have to score 50% in Entrance Test to appear at interview.
- Candidate belongs to SC or ST have to get atleast 25% marks less than the last candidate of the general category.
- Candidate belongs to OBC-A and OBC-B have to get atleast 10% marks less than the last candidate of the general category.
M.Phil shall consist of four semester (Semester-I, Semester-II, Semester-III & Semester-IV).
- Semester-I to be held in the Month June of the year.
- Semester-II to be held in the Month December of the year.
- Semester-III to be held in first six months of second year from Month June of the year.
- Semester-IV to be held in last six months of second year from Month December of the year.
Examination Fees Structure
- Rs. 250/- per semester as examination fee for theory courses.
- Rs. 250/- per semester as practical/ seminar/ project fee etc.
- Rs. 20/- per semester as cost of application form.
- Rs. 30/- per candidate as center fee for theoretical examination.
- Rs. 30/- per candidate for final semester as Diploma fee.
- Rs. 70/- per candidate as delay fine.
- Rs. 500/- per candidate as condonation fee for short percentage