Sidho Kanho Birsha University was founded on 6 July 2010 under Sidho-Kanho-Birsha University Act XII, 2010 by the Government of West Bengal. The University is fully financed by the State Government of West Bengal. The University campus is located at Ranchi Road, Purulia Dist. West Bengal. The University is named after three Tribal Leaders who fought against British Government by starting a revolution of Anti-British Nationalist Movement. Sidho Kanho Birsha University (SKBU) IS recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and approved by Department of Higher Education, Government of India (GOI), Department of Science and Technology and Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal. The main mission of University is to promote the advancement and dissemination of knowledge in various branches of learning. There are 19-degree colleges, four B. Ed colleges and one private college are affiliated to the Sidho Kanho Birsha University. Sidho Kanho Birsha University provides numerous Under-Graduate, post-graduate, Diploma, and Research courses in different fields of Commerce, Science, Humanities and Lac Culture etc.
SKBU Official Contact Details:
- Purulia Sainik School, Purulia(723 104), West Bengal, INDIA
- Phone Number: 03252 202 419
- E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Website: www.skbu.ac.in
Ph. D Admission Notifications
Sidha Kanho Birsha University invites applications for admission to the Ph. D Programme in different departments for the academic session of this year. The candidates can submit their application form along with processing fees and all required documents in University Admission office before the last date.
Ph. D Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have the Master degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university or Institute.
- Candidates having B.Sc. - B. Tech, M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. or equivalent degrees in Law, Social Science, Business Management, Humanities and Library Science are also eligible to apply for Ph.D. Programme.
- There is 5% relaxation in marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC quota or those who are physically challenged (5% of disability).
How to Apply Sidho Kanho University Ph. D Admission?
The application form for the Ph.D. programme can be downloaded from the University official website. The Downloaded application form is to be duly filled up and to be submitted along with required processing fees through demand draft drawn in favor of Sidho-Kanho-Birsha University, payable at Purulia and submitted to The Registrar, Sidho-Kanho-Birsha University, P.O. - Sainik School, Ranchi Road, Purulia-723104, West Bengal, India.
Ph. D Application Form Fee Details:
- For General Category Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST / Physically Challenged candidates: Rs. 500/-
Ph. D Selection Process:
The candidates will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test conducted by the Sidho Kanho University and followed by Interview. However, the candidates who has cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF) Examinations / NET / SET / SLET / GATE / Teacher Fellowship or having passed the M. Phil / M. Tech / M.D. / M.E. / M. Pharma or equivalent examination shall not be required to appear for the Ph. D entrance test. Such candidates are directly invited to appear for the interview procedure.