Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology is the first "Agriculture University of the third millennium and the 21st century". It was established in 2000 under Uttar Pradesh Agriculture University Act (revised) 1958. The campus of the university is located at National Capital Region Meerut in Uttar Pradesh. It has 3 departments in Bio-technology, Agriculture and Veterinary Science. Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology - SVBP offers courses at the undergraduate, postgraduate levels. Apart from the UG & PG Courses, The university also offers Ph.D. and diploma programs in various specializations.
Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology Approvals & Affiliations
UGC - AICTE - ICAR - NAAC - Government of Uttar Pradesh
Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology Campus Contact Details
- Address:- Meerut-250110, Uttar Pradesh India
- Phone Number:- 0121-2888562
- E-mail ID:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website:- www.svbpmeerut.ac.in
Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology Ph.D. Admission 2018-19
SVBP University of Agriculture and Technology invites applications for admission to the full time Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) in various specializations for the academic session 2018-19. Candidates seeking admission in Ph.D. programme can apply directly through online mode on university admission portal before the last specified date.
Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology Offers Ph.D. in the following Specializations
Agri. Biotechnology, Agri. Economics & Management, Agricultural extension, Animal Husbandry, Entomology, Genetics and Plant breeding, Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Soil Science, Agronomy, Agriculture process and food engineering.
Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have Master’s degree/M.Phil. degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade.
- Candidates from India and foreign countries are eligible for Ph.D. admission.
Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology Ph.D. Application Process 2018
The registratin process for all the courses is done through online mode on university official website. Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature of the candidates.
- Pay the application online through net banking or through e-challan deposited in any branch of SBI bank.
- Take a printout of the duly filled in application form along with required documents and fee receipt for future reference.
Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology Ph.D. Application Fee
- For General and OBC category candidates:- Rs. 1250/-
- For SC / ST Category candidates:- Rs. 1050/-
Documents Required for Ph.D. Admission In Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture & Technology
- HSC and Mark Sheet
- Intermediate Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Marks Sheet and Certificate of Bachelor and Master Degree
- Domicile Certificate of UP State.
- Sport Weightage Certificate
- Character and Conduct Certificate
- Five-passport size photographs
- Original copy of OBC category certificate
- Transfer Certificate/Migration
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture & Technology Ph.D. Admission Process
The selection is based on the entrance test, followed by an interview. The candidates who seek admission must appear in the entrance test conducted in the university campus. Based on the performance in the entrance test along with the candidate’s credentials in academics, a list of shortlisted candidates for the interview will be made. After the interview, the selected candidates can complete their final admission formalities.