Rabindra Bharati University was founded in 1962 to mark the birth centenary of the legendary poet Rabindranath Tagore. It is a well known state university named after Tagore dedicated to the mission of disseminating his thoughts and ideas through humanities, social sciences, art and culture. The main campus of the university is located in Jorasanko, Kolkata West Bengal. It also has one more campus known as Salt Lake campus. There are three faculties, namely, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Fine Arts and Faculty of Visual Arts in this university. Rabindra Bharati University - RBU offers a wide variety of UG, PG, and Doctorate level programs in different fields of Arts, Fine Arts and Visual Arts.
University Contact Details
- Emerald Bower Campus, Kolkata(700 050), WB India
- Phone Number:- 033-25562543
- E-mail ID:- email@example.com
- Website:- www.rbu.ac.in
Approval & Affiliation
- UGC: University Grants Commission
- NAAC: National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- NCTE: National Council for Teacher Education
- Government of West Bengal
Subjects offered in M.Phil
Bengali, Economics, Education, English, Sanskrit, Political Science, Political Science, Mass Communication & Videography, Sanskrit, History of Arts, Instrumental Music & Percussion, Painting, Sculpture, Graphics, Applied Arts, Drama, and Musicology.
M.Phil. Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have passed the Master's Degree in the concerned or reelvant stream with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA from a recognized university.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
M.Phil Duration in the University: 1 Year
Subjects offered in Ph.D
- Bengali, Economics, Education, English, Sanskrit, Political Science, Political Science, Mass Communication & Videography, Sanskrit, History of Arts, Instrumental Music & Percussion, Painting, Sculpture, Graphics, Applied Arts, Drama, and Musicology.
Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have passed their post graduation degree in the concerned or related subject with 55% passing marks (50% passing marks for SC/ST) from a recognized university.
- A special relaxation of 5% marks will be given to those candidates who have completed their Master’s degree prior to September 19, 1991.
- Candidates who possess M.Phil. degree are also eligible to apply for admission.
- Go to the university official website.
- Enter all the required details in the registration form.
- Click on the save button and after successful registration login to the website.
- Now, Fill all the required details in the application form.
- Upload scanned copy of the photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 300 with additional bank charges of Rs. 180 through SBI collect by Credit or Debit Card.
- Click on Submit and Save the application form.
- Take a printout of the duly filled application form and fee receipt for future reference.