Presidency University is one of the oldest university in India founded in the year 1817 at Kolkata as the first ever in the state for western type higher education in Asia. It was previously known as Hindu College and Presidency College. In July 2010, the institute has come out with the regulations of the Calcutta University and become an autonomous university named Presidency University. Presidency University provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Arts and Science. In addition to the UG and PG Courses, It also offers Ph.D. Programme in various fields.
University Official Contact Details
- 86/1 College Street, Kolkata 700073, West Bengal India
- Phone Number:- 033 - 40529999
- Fax Number:- +91 33 2241 2738
- E-mail ID:- email@example.com
- Website:- www.presiuniv.ac.in
Subjects offered in Ph.D Program
- Humanities and Social Sciences, Natural and Mathematical Sciences
Eligibility for Ph.D
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program shall have a Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade from any recognized university or institution.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories.
- Candidates who possess an M.Phil. Degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 – point scale are also eligible to apply for admission.
- Course work will be of 16 credits.
- Candidate must have to score minimum of CGPA= 6.25
Fee structure for Ph.D
- Admission Fee: Rs. 500/-
- Library Fee: Rs. 1,000/-
- Session Fee: Rs. 500/-
- Coursework and Assessment Fee: Rs. 5000/-
- Registration Fee: Rs. 7000/-
- Thesis Submission Fee: Rs. 11000/-
Procedure for Admission
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-CSIR NET/UGC NET and NET-LS will be eligible to apply for admission into Ph.D. program. Minimum criteria for such applications is NET-LS qualification.
- Selection will be conducted by a selection committee known as ‘Departmental Ph.D. Selection Committee’.
- Selection committee will consist of:
- Dean of Respective Faculty (Chairperson)
- Departmental Ph.D. Committee
- For laboratory based research part time Ph.D. scholars will not be allowed.