PHD IN SEED TECHNOLOGY
Ph.D. in Seed Technology is a doctoral-level Program. The program provides basis knowledge about the importance of the connection between plant biology & growth conditions for yield & achieved quality in agricultural crops as well as grasses for bioenergy & recreational purposes. The main purpose of this course is to involve players in whole value chain from production to end-user in research in order to contribute to the sustainable agricultural production that full fills society’s demand. Ph.D. in Seed Technology program define as the study of the structure & development of seeds from the moment of fertilization of egg cell on the maternal plant until the formation of the latest plant from seed. Area of program offers scientific & technological touch to study of seed-related aspects which is located at core of plant & crop growth. The full degree program consists of 3 years & its syllabus is divided in 6 semesters.
PhD In Seed Technology Admission Process:
Admission to the Ph.D. course shall be based on the candidate marks obtained in the entrance test conducted by the respective department or school of a particular university or institute. Those students who have completed GATE/NET/SET/ M.Phil/JRF Examination in the pertinent subject of apex bodies as CSIR/UGC/ICAR/ICMR/DBT will be exempted from Entrance Test. While giving exemption, the Departmental Committee of the institute may consider research work/earlier Ph.D./experience done by the candidate. If a candidate already holds a doctor's degree in the relevant subject from a UGC Approved University or Institute, he/she may be exempted from the entrance exam & pre Ph.D. coursework. After clearing both steps the candidate will be eligible to pay the course fee or registration fee. Only the predetermined number of students may be admitted to Ph.D. programmer.
PhD Seed Technology Career Prospect:
Government and Private Sectors.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PHD SEED TECHNOLOGY ADMISSION
- Migration Certificate (No objection certificate from the Institute last attended)
- Passing/Degree certificate of last qualifying degree examinations
- Mark-list of last qualifying degree examinations
- Character certificate (from the head of the University from which the student has obtained his qualifying degree.
- Documentary proof for date of the birth
- Gap certificate (if applicable)
- Research Proposal *
- No objection certificate from the employer (if employed)
NOTE:- Applicants are requested to note that their application will not be considered for admission if the above certificates are not enclosed with the application.
PHD SEED TECHNOLOGY COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Given below are few of the important highlights of the course.
Program Full Name
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN SEED SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Duration of the Program
Entrance Exam and Merit Based
Average Program Fee
Rs. 2 Lakh – Rs. 3 Lakh
PHD (SEED TECHNOLOGY): SYLLABUS
Syllabus of Doctor of Philosophy as prescribed in the various Universities and Colleges.
Subjects of Study
Review of literature
College provides PhD in seed technology
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute Courses-IARIC, Delhi
- National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology-NRCPB, New Delhi
- Choudary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University College of Agriculture, Hisar
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishwavidyalaya College of Doctoral Degree Programme, Nadia
- Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwavidyalaya College of Agriculture, Cooch Behar
- Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology College of Agriculture, Kanpur-Uttar Pradesh
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute College of Agriculture Science, New Delhi