PhD in Atmospheric Science
PhD In Atmospheric Science Doctorate-level
course and minimum duration of this course 3 years(For Part-Time 3.6 Years).
PhD in Atmospheric Science prepares students to be researchers, Technicians,
professors, and leaders in aspects of the atmospheric environment. currently,
many recruiting areas for jobs related to Atmospheric Science like as openings
are for research on climate change and its impacts on society.
Course Details of PhD in Atmospheric Science:-
- PhD In Atmospheric Science.
Course Full Form:-
- Doctor of Philosophy in Atmospheric Science.
- Doctorate degree.
- 3- 6 lakh(approximately)
- 3 - 5 Years.
- Full Time and Part Time.
Doctor Of Philosophy In Atmospheric Science Eligibility And Criteria:-
If any student completes their Master's or post-graduate (Equivalent to a master's degree if the university allows) in Atmospheric Science, those students are eligible to take admitted to the PhD course in Atmospheric Science.
If any student cleared the Net/ JRF exam(with the relevant subject), that students are eligible to take direct admission to PhD in Atmospheric Science.
If students complete their M. Phill in Atmospheric Science or Equivalent to this subject (if University allows), that students are eligible to take direct admission to PhD in Atmospheric Science. Seat allotment of the students of PhD course In Atmospheric Science course will be the basis of the entrance exam or interview at the university or college.
Entrance Exam for PhD In Atmospheric Science:-
Many Universities And Collages in India conducted the entrance exam in a year for the students who want to do a course of PhD In Atmospheric Science and, seat allotment on the basis of merit of entrance exam and Interview. The Entrance Exam for PhD courses in Atmospheric Science is generally based on topics related to general aptitude like Logical Reasoning, Analytical and basic math, numerical ability, Your Subject, etc.
After a few days Universities calls for an Interview if the student cleared the Entrance Exam.
Total number of Questions in the Entrance Exam is 50 and the weightage of 1 Question is 2 marks.
Total Marks in Entrance Exam is 100
Admission Process For PhD In Atmospheric Science:-
The universities and colleges (Govt or Non-Govt) will invite a limited number of Students/ candidates for the Interview And Document verification. Admission to PhD in Atmospheric Science will be given to that student who cleared the entrance exam of the University with at least 40-50% marks. If any student has passed M.Phil. in Atmospheric Science with minimum 55% marks(50% for PH/SC/ST Students), then no need to give the entrance exam.
If any student cleared the Net/ JRF exam(with the relevant subject), then students take direct admission to PhD in Atmospheric Science without any entrance exam of the university.
Seat allotment for PhD in Atmospheric Science will be done on a merit basis of the entrance exam by the University and also Interview.
Syllabus of PhD In Atmospheric Science:-
- Introduction to Weather and Climate
- Air Pollution
- Chart Analysis
- Numerical Analysis and Computer Programming
- Computations in Dynamic Meteorology and NWP
- Internship Training
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Atmospheric Dynamics I
- Atmospheric Dynamics - Circulation & Vorticity
- Atmospheric Waves and Instability
- Dynamics of Oscillation
- Mathematical and Statistical Methods
- Observational Techniques
- Satellite Meteorology
- Dynamics of Monsoon
- Elements of Atmospheric Modelling
- Mesoscale Modelling
- Fluid Dynamics - Basics
- Boundary Layer and Turbulence
- Atmospheric Thermodynamics
- Cloud Physics and Atmospheric Electricity
- Dynamics of Ocean Circulation
- Atmospheric Energetics and General Circulation
- Climate Change and Modelling
- Numerical Weather Prediction
- Objective analysis, Initialization and Parameterization
- GIS and its application
Top Universities and Colleges For PhD In Atmospheric Science:-
- Amity University: Gurgaon, Haryana
- Central University of Rajasthan: Ajmer, Rajasthan
- Indian Institute of Technology(IIT): New Delhi, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology(NIT): Rourkela, Odissa
- Savitribai Phule Pune University: Pune, Maharashtra
Job Profile for PhD In Atmospheric Science:-
- pollution specialist
- air quality scientist
- alternative energy consultant
- atmospheric science researcher
- climate change analyst, educator
- environmental impact assessor
- environmental monitoring
- environmental scientist, and meteorologist
Top Recruiters Area of PhD In Atmospheric Science:-
- collages Or Universities
- Research Laboratories
- Unilever Limited
- Shell Private Limited
- RTI International
Officer In Govt Of India