Patliputra University is a Recently opened state university. It was established in the year 2018. It is UGC recognized and NAAC accredited University. The University offers a wide range of UG, PG, and Diploma courses in the field of Arts, Humanities, Science and Social Sciences. Patliputra University also offers PhD programme in various specializations.
- Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Mathematics, Zoology, Economics, Sociology, Hindi, English, Philosophy, Music, Urdu and History.
- Candidates for admission to the PhD programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) Or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grant Commission (UGC) from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme.
Duration of the PhD Programmes
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
- The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of one year for M.Phil and two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of M.Phil/Ph.D. for up to 240 days.
Eligible candidates can apply online via Patliputra University Official Admission Portal. Students can follow the steps to apply:
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Find the Admission Portal Link and click on it.
- Select the course and and complete the registration process.
- A new user id would be generated, use it to log on to the portal to complete the application.
- Fill in the details and choose the desired subject for admission.
- Attach relevant academic, caste and other documents.
- Pay the application fee and submit the application before the deadline.
- Keep a printout of the application for and payment receipt for future reference.
- A confidential admission number is allotted to each student which is required to confirm post admission offer acceptance.
- This number is unique hence must not be shared anywhere.
- Class X and XII marksheets & passing certificate
- Class Graduation and Post-Graduation marksheets & passing certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- CLS or SLC
- Migration Certificate
- Reservation or Caste Certificate
- Parent’s Income Certificate
- Disability Certificate
- Candidates will be admitted to M.Phil /Ph.D Programme through an Entrance Test. For selection of candidates, a weightage of 70% to the Entrance Test and 30% to the interview/viva-voce. Those candidates having NET/SET or M.Phil are exempted from appearing in the entrance test.