Time TableB. Ed Course Basic Details:
B. Ed (Bachelor of Education) is an undergraduate professional degree which is mandatory for teaching in higher primary schools and high schools. Earlier B. Ed was known as Bachelor of Training (BT). It can be pursued through both Regular / Distance mode. The course is offered by many Government and Private Universities in India.
Duration of B. Ed Courses:
- As per the new rules of NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education), the duration for the Bachelor of Education course is 2 Years.
B. Ed Course Eligibility Criteria:
- The student must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/Humanity with at least 50% marks or Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- The student who has passed the D.ED (Diploma in Education) are also eligible for B. Ed Admission.
B. Ed Application Process:
The students can fill the application form for B. Ed Programme through both online and offline mode. Students are required to send the duly filled application form along with DD and self-attested copy of all required documents to the address specified in the notification by registered post or speed post.
B. Ed Fee Structure:
- Registration Fees:- Rs. 5000/-
- Tuition Fees:- Rs. 50,000/-
Documents Required for B. Ed Admission:
- 10th, 10+2, Graduation Degree Marks Sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- One Valid ID Proof
- Address Proof
B. Ed Admission Procedure:
Students will be selected on the basis of their marks obtained in the entrance test and followed by the counseling process.
Career / Job Scope after B. Ed:
Teaching profession is considered as the most respected job in the society. To become a teacher a qualification in B. Ed degree is compulsory. M. Ed is a higher option after B.Ed. Students can find employment in various government and government-aided institutions. So One can say that, The job opportunities for these professionals are numerous.