Nalanda Open University is the only University in the State of Bihar meant for imparting learning exclusively through the system of distance education. It was founded in the year 1987 and it is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC). The campus of the university is located in Patna, Bihar. At present, NOU offers various UG, PG, PG Diploma and Research level courses in the field of Computer Application, Commerce, Arts, Management, Sciences, Journalism & Mass Communication, Education and Library & Information Science.
- Education, Geography, History, Hindi, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Urdu, Commerce, Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Zoology.
- Minimum eligibility for Ph.D. program is candidate must pass in Master’s Degree or M.Phil with at least 55% marks from recognized university.
- Candidates can register themselves either through online mode or offline mode. However, the candidates seeking admission in Ph.D. must appear for the Entrance test conducted by the University. The application process for admission to the PhD program is mentioned as follows:
- Visit the official website of the college, download, and fill-up the application form.
Applicant should send/ Submit the form in person to the following address along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 350 drawn in name of “Nalanda Open University, Payable at Patna”:
Nalanda Open University,
3rd Floor, Biscoumann Bhawan,
Patna, Bihar - 800001
NOTE- Candidate should mention the Name of applicant, Contact Number, Admission Form Number and the name of the course he has applied for on the backside of the Demand Draft.
- Go to the official website and click on the “Online Admission” link.
- Now click on the New Admission option and create a new account if you are a new applicant.
- Read all the instructions carefully and proceed further to register.
- Upon successful registration, you will receive a username, password and OTP via email or SMS.
- Using the above credentials fill the online application form with all the required details.
- Also, upload the scanned images of documents.
- Submit the application form after previewing.
- Lastly, pay the requisite application fee online.
- 10th and 10+2-mark sheet along with the Passing Certificate
- Migration and Character Certificate
- UG Degree Mark Sheet
- PG Degree Mark Sheet
- Caste Certificate
- 3 self-addressed envelope of size 10 x 4.5 inch each
- 3 stamp sized Photographs
- Medical Certificate
- Selection to Ph.D. is done on the basis of Entrance Test. Candidates having cleared UGC NET/ UGC-CSIR NET/ SLET/ UGC JRF/ GATE/ M.Phil. with a valid score or holding any Teacher Fellowship for research from any national body is exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test.