Nalanda Open University is one of the best premier educational platforms in the State of Bihar. It was established in March 1987 by the Government of Bihar. Nalanda Open University is named after the famous Nalanda University of Ancient India. The University is recognized by the UGC (University Grants Commission), DEC (Distance Education Council), and MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development), Government of India for imparting education through Distance mode. The main motto of the University is to educational opportunities to those who are unable to take formal education and are still desirous to upgrade their educational qualifications and acquire knowledge in various fields of learning. The main campus of the University is located in Patna and the campus is spread over an area of 60000 sq. ft. Nalanda Open University offers various undergraduate, post-graduate and diploma courses in different streams such as Computer Science & Information Technology, Commerce & Management, Indian & Foreign Language, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, Education, and Agriculture Science. Apart from these, the university also offers a 9-month certificate course in Computing, Library Science, Clinical Dental Technique, Dental and Oral Hygiene and several others.
Nalanda Open University Official Contact Details:
- Address: 2nd/3rd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna 800 001 (BIHAR). India
- Phone Number: 0612-2201013,0612-2206916
- Fax Number: 0612-2201001
- E-mail ID: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.nalandaopenuniversity.com , www.nou.ac.in
Nalanda Open University Ph.D. Admission 2018
Nalanda Open University invites applications for admission to the full time/part time Ph.D. programme for the academic session 2018-2019. Candidates can submit their application form along with required processing fees and all important documents before the due date.
The University offers Ph.D. Programme in the following disciplines:
- Political Science
Nalanda Open University Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates should have a Master's degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized University or Institute.
- Candidates having M. Phil degree in the concerned subject from Nalanda Open University or any other recognized University.
- There is 5% relaxation for all reserved category candidates.
How to Apply for Nalanda Open University Ph.D. Admission?
- The Candidates can also download the admission form from university official website.
- The candidates can obtain the admission form either by submitting a DD of INR 350 in favour of ‘Nalanda Open University’ payable at Patna or by depositing INR 350 in the Bihar state Co-operative bank, Bankipur, Patna in SB A/C No. 01-20407 of Nalanda Open University or SB A/C No. 762428166 in the Main branch, Biscomaun Bhaw, Patna of Indian Bank.
- The candidates can also obtain the application form via post. The DD of INR 400 needs to be drawn in favour of Nalanda Open University and sending it to the university’s address by registered post.
- Candidate needs to fill the application form with correct details.
- Attach all required documents with the application form.
- Now finally, send it to the following address on or before the last date of the submission of the admission forms.
- Registrar (Exam), Nalanda Open University, 3rd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Patna-800 001, Bihar
Nalanda Open University Ph.D. Selection Procedure:
The Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit and followed by Interview Process.
- Registration Start Date: 11-07-2018
- Registration Last Date: 16-08-2018
- Date of Interview: Updated Soon
For more information about Nalanda Open University Ph. D. Admission 2018 Visit the Official Website of University or Click Here