Maulana Azad University is a leading private university located in Blue city, Jodhpur. The university was established in the year 2013 under Rajasthan State Government Act No. 35 (2013). The university offers various UG, PG, Research as well as Diploma courses in multiple disciplines like pharmacy, technology, management, education, science, commerce, arts etc.
Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D programme of Maulana Azad University, Jodhpur in various fields of study/subjects.
Suggestive Subjects: History, Political Science, Sociology, Geography, Hindi Literature, Urdu Literature, Home Science, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Maths, Public Health, Computer Science, Accounting, Business Finance & Economics, Business Administration, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Education, Management, and Computer Science Engineering.
Eligibility criteria for admission to Ph. D. programme
- Master’s Degree holders.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
Each completely filled form must be submitted with a DD/Cash (towards the payment of Entrance Exam Fees) of Rs. 2500 (Indian Students); USD 200 (Foreign Students), payable to MAULANA AZAD UNIVERSITY, JODHPUR; payable at Jodhpur (Rajasthan). Duly filled application form along with necessary documents for Ph.D. entrance examination must be submitted to (as per given time schedule):
Dean – Research,
Maulana Azad University, Jodhpur, Kamla Nehru Nagar,
Jodhpur (Rajasthan) – 342001.
NOTE- Incomplete forms and forms without requisite documents and exam fees will be rejected.
Ph.D. Fee Structure
- Entrance Exam Fee- Rs. 2500/-
- Registration Fee- Rs. 25000/-
- Course Fee- Rs. 20,000/Semester (Humanities, Commerce, Education)
- Course Fee- Rs. 25,000/Semester (Management, Science, Pharmacy)
- Course Fee- Rs. 30,000/Semester (Engineering)
Ph.D. Entrance Test
The Ph.D. entrance test shall comprise of one written test (objective type Questions – without negative marking) followed by an interview. The Entrance Test (written) shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. There will be objective type questions consistent with graduate level (Subject Specific) in entrance test paper. The paper will be of 2-hour duration and may be carrying 100 to 200 marks. There will be no negative marking. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the Maulana Azad University, Jodhpur.
Selection will depend on the result of entrance test and interview. At the time of interview, doctoral candidates are expected to discuss their research interests/areas. Applicants who have valid score in any of the relevant National Eligibility Tests,for example JRF, SLET of the State, GATE/NET of UGC/CSIR/CBSE/any other competent authority etc., may be given preference as decided by the Research Advisory Committee of the concerned Faculty.