Mangalore University was established in the year 1980. The campus of the university is located about 20 km to the south-east of the historic coastal town of Mangalore in Mangalagangothri on a picturesque hillock, spread over 350 acres of land. The University has 190 affiliated colleges. In Starting, The university has only three PG departments, but now it has twenty-five PG departments, supported by modern infrastructure and experienced faculty. Mangalore University has collaborations with top-ranking universities of USA, UK, Finland, Japan, Norway, Germany, Spain and other countries. The University offers various Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in the field of Arts, Commerce & Management through its Centre For Distance Education.
Mangalore University Campus Contact Details
- Address:- Mangalagangotri - 574199, Karnataka State, India
- Phone Number:- 0824-2287347
- Fax Number:- +91-824-2287367, +91-824-2287424
- E-mail ID:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website:- www.mangaloreuniversity.ac.in
Mangalore University Approval & Affiliation
- UGC- University Grants Commission
- NCTE- National Council for Teacher Education
- NAAC- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- NIRF- National Institutional Ranking Framework
- MHRD- Minister for Human Resource Development
- Government of Karnataka
Mangalore University B.P.Ed. Admission 2018
Mangalore University has released the notification for admission to the NCTE approved B.P.Ed. (Bachelor of Physical Education) for the academic year 2018-2019. Candidates seeking admission in the B.P.Ed. course can register themselves on the official website of University on or before the last specified date.
Mangalore University B.P.Ed. Course Duration:- Two Years (4 Semesters)
Mangalore University B.P.Ed. Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have a Bachelor Degree in any specialization with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade from this university or from any other recognized university or institute.
Mangalore University B.P.Ed. Intake:- 50 (General Category-20) and 30 (Payment Category)
How to Apply for B.P.Ed. Admission in Mangalore University?
Candidates can download the application form from the official website of University and can also obtain the application form from the Registrar Office, Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri - 574199. In order to complete the application process, candidates are required to fill the application form and affix a passport size photograph. Submit the application form along with all required documents such as the DD/Challan on or before July 31, 2018, to the Head of Physical education departments/Principles of colleges having the affiliation with the B.P.Ed program.
Mangalore University B.P.Ed. Application Fee
- For General Category Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST Category Candidates: Rs. 500/-
Note: B.P.Ed. application fee should be paid through Challan or Demand Draft of any Nationalised Bank drawn in favor of the Finance Officer, Mangalore University.
Documents Required for B.P.Ed. Admission In Mangalore University
- 10+2 Mark sheet
- Graduation degree mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
- One Valid ID Proof
- Residental Certificate
- Five Passport Size Photograph
Mangalore University B.P.Ed. Selection Process
Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in Entrance exam (written test, sports proficiency, physical fitness test and qualifying examination marks) conducted by the university and followed by the counseling process.