Maharaja Bir Bikram University (MBB University) is a state university located at Agartala, Tripura, India. It was established in 2015 by the Government of Tripura through the Maharaja Bir Bikram University Act, 2015 and was the first, and as of 2017 the only, state university in the state of Tripura. The first vice chancellor is Gautam Kumar Basu. The university is named after Bir Bikram Kishore Debbarman, the last ruling maharaja of the princely state of Tripura.
MBB university has three affiliated colleges:
- Maharaja Bir Bikram College
- Bir Bikram Memorial College
- Tripura Government Law College
- Mathematics, English, Library & Information Science and Political Science
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates who have cleared the M. Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M. Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme.
- A person whose M. Phil dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the same Institution.
- Candidates possessing a degree considered equivalent to M. Phil. Degree of an Indian institution, from A foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is Approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home Country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or Assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph. D Programme.
How To Apply
- The applicants are required to download the prescribed application form, fill up the form, scan it and then send it to the email id: email@example.com along with all the documents and receipt ofthe deposited requisite fees within due date (04.00 PM). The schedule for filling up and submission of the application form along with deposting of the requisite fee is available on University Official Website.
- Admission to Ph.D program is offered on the basis of Ph.D Entrance Test. Candidates will be selected on the merit of entrance exam followed by Personal Interview. Candidates who have qualified in the examinations like CSIR- NET/ UGC-NET/ JRF/lectureship/ SET/SLET/ GATE/ ICAR/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST-Inspire are exempted from the university-based entrance test.