Our motto is to provide the student with a well rounded legal education. Our curriculum is designed to teach students about the law and to help them develop their skills necessary to use that knowledge in practice.
Our aspiration is to prepare lawyers to serve their clients with professional excellence, the justice system and the public with a high sense of duty and a commitment to the highest ideals of the legal profession.
We strive to create excellence in educating persons, advancing legal scholarship, serving the general public, and fostering justice.
Our goal for our graduates is to possess the core competencies essential to embark on the practice of law.
University is running its Faculty of Law since 2014 after obtaining the approval from Bar Council of India. Courses under the Faculty are B.A.LL.B. , LL.B., LL.M. , PGDCL, PGDLL and Ph.D. The pattern of the examinations is semester system.
The faculty is run by eminent faculty members who are pass outs from reputed universities and have an expertise on respective subjects.
Justice imparting system is the foundation of every civilized nation. Law faculty is committed to play an important role in the legal system of this university. The stature of this Faculty is as big as its strength. Law graduates from the Faculty are serving all over the country in the lower courts, High Courts and Supreme Court. Faculty provides practical training to LL.B. students. One full paper of 6th Semester includes compulsory participation in two Moots. Special lectures by eminent Academicians, Judges and Senior Advocates which are compulsory as a part of the curriculum are delivered for the benefit of LL.B. and LL.M students. The department has a separate and well furnished Moot Court Hall where every year various Seminars, Presentations and Moot Court Competitions take place.
Courses Offered By the Madhav University Department of Law
L.L.B. (Bachelor of Laws)
- It is a regular 3 year program, contains six semesters. The course is run after the approval of Bar Council of India. The total intake of seats is 180.
Eligibility for Admission
- A candidate must have passed Bachelor‘s or Master‘s Degree in any discipline from any University recognized by UGC or equivalent.
- The minimum requirement for admission shall be 45% for general, 42% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST category.
- The relaxation in the admission criteria for reserve category candidates shall be followed as per guidelines/rules as in force from time to time.
- It is a five-year integrated program which can be pursued after completion of 12th from any stream subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria. The faculty has an intake of 180 seats. B.A.L.L.B. is a course which integrates Arts with Law. It covers subjects related to Arts fields such as Economics, History, Hindi, Sociology, Legal English and Political Science etc. alongside specialized fields of law like Criminal Law, Corporate Law, Patent Law, Administrative Law, Tax Law, International Law and Labor Law and other aspects of the law.
Eligibility for Admission
- A candidate having passed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Standard) or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto, shall be eligible for admission in the first year of B.A.LL.B.(Five years)Integrated Course.
- The minimum requirement for admission shall be 45% for general / OBC category and 40% for SC/ST category. The relaxation in the admission criteria for reserve category candidates shall be followed as per guidelines/rules as in force from time to time.
- The upper age limit for admission will be 20 years for General/OBC and 22 years for SC/ ST candidates.
- It is a postgraduate program in Law and its duration is of 1 year and has an intake for 60 seats. LL.M. stands for Master of Laws. The course is divided into 2 semesters in which subjects and credits are divided into the course as per guidelines of UGC. Students can opt for specialization course among corporate and commercial law or criminal and security law.
Eligibility for Admission
- A candidate seeking admission into LL.M. Degree course should have passed Three Year (LL.B.) / Five Year (B.A.LL.B.) degree examination or equivalent thereto with 50% marks for general/ OBC category and 48% marks for SC/ST/ category. The relaxation in the admission criteria for reserve category candidates shall be followed as per guidelines/rules as in force from time to time.
- Candidate fulfilling the above minimum qualification shall have to qualify the admission eligibility test to be organized by Madhav University as a prerequisite for admission in LL.M. Degree course. There is no upper age limit for taking admission in Master of Laws (LL.M.).
- It may be pursued as per the circulars and guidelines of UGC/ Madhav University under research guide, which in turn helps the scholar to fetch the data for completion of the program from library and computer lab which includes software like Manupatra etc. Ph.D. entrance examination is conducted as per the guidelines of UGC each year by the university by All India Entrance Test followed by viva from which candidates are selected as per merit.
Eligibility for Admission in Ph.D.
- A candidate intending for admission in Ph.D. course must have obtained the relevant academic qualification(s) with at least 55% marks in the main subject / allied subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto at Master degree level (SC/ST/OBC Non Creamy-Layer/Physically & visually handicapped candidates will be given relaxation of 5% in the minimum percentage of marks).
- The university will notify the number of available seats for Ph. D degree course in different subjects in advance through advertisement in National / Vernacular newspapers and on the university website on the basis of number of available faculty supervisors.
- The candidates shall apply for admission on the prescribed form available in the University office or can be downloaded from the university website.
- Every Year, the application for admission to Ph. D course in different subjects shall be submitted along with entrance test fee for the Ph. D course, as fixed by the university, to the Registrar, Madhav University Pindwara (Sirohi) through the bank draft in favor of Madhav University, payable at Abu Road (Sirohi) by the date to be notified.
- A Candidate may apply for admission to Ph. D course in one subject i.e. main subject (in which he/she has obtained Master's degree) or its allied subject. A list of subject/allied subjects shall be duly placed at the university website. A candidate shall be eligible for Admission if he/she qualifies entrance test and interview.
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN CYBER LAW (PGDCL)
- This course will be commenced from session 2018-19 with an insight to provide education to students to gain knowledge about Cyberlaw and to combat such Cybercrime. The duration for the Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Law shall be 2 semesters (One academic year).
Eligibility for Admission in PGDCL
- A candidate must have passed Bachelor‘s or Master‘s Degree in any discipline from any University recognized by the UGC or equivalent.
- The minimum requirement for admission shall be 42% for general, 40% for OBC and 38% for SC/ST category. The relaxation in the admission criteria for reserved category candidates shall be followed as per guidelines/rules as in force from time to time.
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN LABOUR LAW, LABOUR WELFARE AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT (PGDLL)
- This course will also be started from the session 2018-19 with a view to providing quality education to the candidates which in turn will help them to get an insight of the course and to qualify for the government jobs.
Eligibility for Admission in PGDLL
- A candidate must have passed Bachelor‘s or Master‘s Degree in any discipline from any University recognised by UGC or equivalent.
- The minimum requirement for admission shall be 42% for general, 40% for OBC and 38% for SC/ST category.
Why Career In Law
Increasing consciousness among the common masses about their rights, complicated social dynamics and growing competition among the industrial corporations have created the demand of the larger number of legal professionals. Commercial organisations, institutions and common men require legal consultations. Professional with academic excellence and practical exposure are very much required.It has increased the opportunities for legal professionals. In this scenario, joining legal education is so a prospective avenue for career building. Graduates can look forward to good career prospects.
Facilities Provided by the Madhav University Department of Law
Faculty has amenities like Gym for fitness and promotes the students to take part in sports and extra co-curricular activities. Madhav University has separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls. In security point of view, CCTV cameras are installed on each floors and wardens are deputed to maintain discipline.
Faculty also possesses e-class room in which students are given special lectures on burning topics onto the projector. There is a computer lab in which students can study and collect course material online and avail free internet via wi-fi in the campus area.
There is a well-equipped library containing more than 6825 textbooks, book titles 595, journals, 10 periodicals, 1399 reference books and e-journals like ‘Manupatra, Delnet’etc. where students also get to update themselves with the help of national daily’s like Economic Times, Times of India, Dainik Bhaskar , Rajasthan Patrika etc Faculties take part in training to impart best of education to students and update their qualification by publishing research papers and articles in various reputed journals.
Special Features of Madhav University Department of Law
- Well qualified Faculty members with practice exposure.
- Placement orientation.
- Internship assisted courses.
- Extension lecturers from eminent acdemicians, legal experts and Judiciary people.
Career In Law
- As Judicial Officers
- In Law Firms
- As practising Advocate
Madhav University Department of Law Placement Records
- We provide placement assistance to all students who desire’s to work in LPO’s and law firms or with Advocates.