Kerala Agricultural University was established by virtue of the Act 33 of 1971 on 24th February 1971. To the KAU for taking up research and extension programmes on various crops, animals, birds twenty one agricultural and animal husbandry research stations were also transferred. Now the University has six colleges, 16 Research and Extension Units, six RARSs, seven KVKs, 15 Research Stations under the faculties of Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Forestry.
Kerala Agricultural University Campus Contact Details
- Address: Vellanikkara, Thrissur, Kerala 680656
- Phone Number :+91-487-2438011
- Fax Number: +91-487-2370019
- Website: http://www.kau.in
Kerala Agricultural University Admission Notifications
University announced details regarding the admission of PhD every year on its official website. Elligible candidates can apply on the university website.
Different Programs offered in Kerala Agricultural University in Ph.D
Faculty of Agriculture
- Ph.D. (Agricultural Economics)
- Ph.D. (Agricultural Entomology)
- Ph.D. (Agricultural Extension)
- Ph.D. (Agronomy)
- Ph.D. (Olericulture)
- Ph.D. (Plant Bio-technology)
- Ph.D. (Plant Breeding & Genetics)
- Ph.D. (Plant Pathology)
- Ph.D. (Plant Physiology)
- Ph.D. (Plantation Crops & Spices)
- Ph.D. (Pomology & Floriculture)
- Ph.D. (Processing Technology)
- Ph.D. Home Science (FS & N)
- Ph.D. (Rural Marketing Management)
- Ph.D. (Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry)
Faculty of Agricultural Engineering
- Ph.D. (Agricultural Processing & Food Engineering)
- Ph.D. (Farm Power & Machinery)
- Ph.D. (Soil and Water Engineering)
Faculty of Forestry
- Ph.D. (Forest Management and Utilization)
- Ph.D. (Silviculture and Agroforestry)
- Ph.D. (Tree Physiology & Breeding)
- Ph.D. (Wildlife Sciences)
- Ph.D. (Wood Science)
Kerala Agricultural University Eligibility for Ph.D except Home Science
Candidate who wants to take admission in these subjects should have Master’s degree in the respective discipline / related discipline with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST from the faculty concerned of KAU or a recognized equivalent qualification.
Kerala Agricultural University Eligibility for Home Science
Candidate who wants to take admission to Ph.D. in Home Science should have M.Sc. in Home Science with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST with specialization in Food Science and Nutrition/ M.Sc. in Food Science and Nutrition recognized by KAU.
Kerala Agricultural University Admission Procedure
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Click on the "Apply Online" button.
- The applicant need to click on the tab for the desired program where he/she will be redirected to a landing page.
- Register yourself, Once successfully registered, the candidate will be provided a unique registration number and access to the online application form.
- Fill the online application form and upload scanned copies of passport size photograph, signature, and all relevant documents.
- Now, Click on the "Submit" button.
- After submitting the application form, candidates have to pay the application fee via credit/debit cards or net-banking.