By the Government of Karnataka under Karnataka State Law University Act, 2009 the university was established in January 2009. It is BCI, NAAC, UGC approved university. With 92 colleges under its umbrella it is the largest single federal university in the country. Karanataka State Law University offers the 3 years LL.B. course, Ph. D. and LL. D. Programs , BA, LL.B., (Hon's) BBA, LL.B. (Hons.) , BA, LL.B., BBA, LL.B. Integrated programs are also offered on the main campus. There is a sprawling 55 acres of beautiful landscape at Navanagar in Hubli where the KSLU campus is coming up.
- Vision of the university: Through generation, assessment, refinement and adoption of appropriate technologies to harness science to ensure comprehensive and sustained physical.
- Objectives of the University is: Continuing legal education and impart comprehensive legal education. Promote research in all branches of law and advance studies
Karanataka State Law University Eligibility for PhD
Candidate should have Post Graduation degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Post Graduation degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate. Candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) will get a relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade. Candidate should have M.Phil with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale, relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade will be given to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) or Candidate must have a degree equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution.
Karanataka State Law University Admission Procedure
Candidates shall have to take Ph. D. Registration Admission Test” (PAT) who have not qualified NET/SET/JRF examination. Duration is two hours for entrance test “PAT”. The questions will be essay type based on Legal Research or objective type inclusive of short answer questions having 50% weightage and other law subjects. Candidate should have to submit a tentative research proposal of about 1500 words. Candidates are exempted from PAT conducted by Karanataka State Law University who have qualified NET/SET/JRF examination are eligible at the personal interview.
Karanataka State Law University Examination and Evaluation System
- Attendance 05
- Assignment & Presentation 25
- Mid Semester Examination 20
- External Assessment
- Semester–end Examination 50
- Total 100
Medium of examination shall be English only. 30 Minutes additional will be given to students who has difficulty in writing.
Karanataka State Law University Admission/Registration
Candidate should have to submit eight copies of his/her Ph.D. proposal with the application form along with the registration fee as may be prescribed from time to time. Candidate shall not be allowed to register for any other degree course. Candidate should have to tell his research proposal before get the admission. After the Research and Recognition Committee approves the topic admission will be confirmed.
Karanataka State Law University Documents required for PhD
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Degree Certificate/Mark Sheet of LL.B, LL.M.
- National Eligibility Test Score Card such as NET/SET/JRF (if any)
- NOC from the employer (only for part-time candidates) Yes
- Certificate of Medical fitness from a registered medical practitioner